Chapter 12

Author's Note: If you noticed, I changed the cover photo of the story. En-Cher-Blue from tumblr made the newest cover art. She's also a fan of this story and a great artist, you should definitely check out her stuff, she's another one of the fewest people who makes art for Natza/Nerza.

Anyways, let's get back to the story now. Enjoy.

Days passed by and the clock was ticking for Erza as her deadline was nearing. She usually would do things by her terms and her rules, yet each time she tried, a crazy ex would try to kill her target or her having-doubts boss would try to rush her. Either way, the job had to be done one way or another.

Though her escapades with Natsu essentially brought them to political parties, speeches in front of large crowds and other types of political businesses, today was quite different. Today was something more personal: Natsu had gone and seen his father at the hospital he was checked into. For the past several months, he was being treated for his lung cancer.

She wore regular civilian clothing but still had her Sais hidden underneath the bottom part of the pants. Natsu, as usual, wore a suit and tie. Today was quite hot in temperature so Natsu took off his jacket, rolled up his sleeves and had undid his tie, walking around with his jacket over his shoulder, tie over his neck and the top buttons from his white long sleeved shirt unbuttoned.

Inside the hospital, they made there way through countless of patients and doctors alike, making it to the elevator and going to the 8 floor where Natsu's father was. Again, making there way through the busy hallways of the hospital, they made it to the room.

Three patients in the room, separated by curtains, though that didn't stop the three elderly patients from talking. "Hey, Igneel, your kid is here today." The first patient said through the curtains, alerting hum of his presence. His name was Jim who was being treated for a nasty case of uncontrollable diarrhea.

"Oh, I'm over here Natsu." The third patient was the last one by the window. Natsu and Erza walked towards the window and saw the elderly man, just laying down on his bed. Erza finally got to see him: like your typical old man except he had a few noticeable battle scars around his face. Natsu wasn't lying to her when he had told her about his father once being in the army.

"Hey dad." Natsu greeted, walking near the side of the bed and taking his father's hand to shake.

"Who's your lady friend?" Like the same reaction Erza would get from men, Igneel eye-goggled her.

"Oh, this is Erza, my bodyguard," Natsu greeted the two for them. "Erza, this is my dad, Igneel."

"How you doing sir, pleasure to finally meet." Erza extended her right hand for a handshake.

"The pleasure is all mine, Erza." For an old man, he still had an excellent grip and shook her hand.

"Natsu wasn't kidding when he told me you've seen your fair share of war." She continued to look at his scars near his face. Even as an assassin, she couldn't really tell which weapon made which scar.

"Yeah, I served in '68 when Minstrel tried to invade Fiore, Seven and Iceberg," He told her his battle history. "But look at us now, we're all in peace now."

"Well, I thank for your service." Erza gave him a small smile.

"I appreciate that, miss." Igneel returned the favor.

"Oh, you should show her that one scar." Natsu told his dad.

"What's scar?" She looked at both men, intrigued at what scar the pinkette was referring to.

"Ooh, that scar," the old man sat up straight and then raised his shirt, revealing a long scar that reach from the right side of the chest and went long downwards to his stomach. "He's talking about this scar."