Chapter 9

Natsu immediately carries the unconscious and bleeding Erza, bridal style.

Though his mind was to go to the Ship's doctor, Erza words echoed through his head as he was running through the Ship's interior corridors. No one can know about this... Her words stuck inside his head in repeat.

Natsu had to choose and fast. This woman! He could feel some of the blood go through his white buttoned up shirt. Fuck, alright let's just go to our room, it is the closest here!

After several minutes he made it where Juvia had showed them their room. He bashed his door right in and placed Erza onto the bed. He quickly closed and locked the door and headed immediately to the bathroom where the first aid kit was.

There was no time to think anymore and Natsu simply ripped the med kit from the wall and brought it next to him to the bed. He went back in to get the bathroom towel, soaking it in bot water. He rushed right back with it.

He ripped off the blood soaked part of the dress, now showing the gun wound. A precise shot, went in and out and from the looks of it, did not hit any vital spots. With the brown towel, he placed and applied pressure to the entrance wound first. After a few minutes, some of the blood finally stopped coming and now did the same thing to the exit wound.

After finally stopping the wound from bleeding as much as it did, Natsu checked Erza's breathing and heartbeat. Phew, she still alive! He let out a small sigh of relief.

Though his hands and shirt were bloodied, he still continued on with her wounds, patching it up with the sutures and seams, cleaning the wounds as best as he could with the alcohol wipes and finally, wrapping around the bandages.

"Finally." Exhausted, Natsu wiped away sweat from his forehead and made his way to the single couch that was close to the bed. He didn't bother with the mess he made of dirty alcohol wipes and a few broken sutures and seams.

He sat there, awaiting her to finally gain consciousness.

...

A few hours passed, the night was now fading and the sun eagerly moving to show morning.

Erza finally gained consciousness. "... huh?..." She opened her eyes, having a bit of a blur vision as she came back. After a few seconds, her vision was back to normal and saw that she laid on the bed.

As she tried to move, she felt a small sting coming from her wound. She looked and saw that it had been patched. She tried moving slowly in hopes of evading the pain. "Eh..." She placed her right palm over her wound.

"You finally awake sunshine?" Erza looked over and saw Natsu, half awake on the single couch with his bloodied shirt.

"You p-patched me up?" She didn't expect him to have some medical background knowledge.

"You should be thankful," Natsu got up from his chair, slowly walking towards the bedside. "My dad was a Medic in the war, he taught me a few things here and there about patching up a wound or two."

"Then I am thankful." She saw the mess of he made of the medical equipment in the First Aid kit.

"Seriously though, would've been much easier for me to have taken you to the ship's doctor." Natsu groaned, still tired from watching over Erza.