Chapter 11

Laxus parked his car right in front of the house. It was a small brown colored triangle pointed roof house, a cliché of a house you can find almost anywhere around the city.

The two got out of the vehicle and walked towards the front door. "Hey mister!" A little girl playing kickball with a friend came over to them, stopping them from going up the stairs onto the porch.

"Um, hello there." Laxus greeted the two.

"Are you two like cops or something?" The little girl asked them.

"Maybe," Gildarts told her. "So what brings you here little girl?'

"Are you here to visit the nice blondie who lives here?" She asked them while giving the two an innocent smile.

"Oh you know who lives here?" Maybe Laxus could get a bit of info on the Strauss sister before going and knocking on the door.

"I think her name was Lisanna or something like that." The girl's friend said.

"Well we know that much as well," Gildarts chuckled as the two kids gave them information they already knew. "Anything else besides that?"

"She hasn't gotten out of her house in the last few days." The little girls answered.

"And her cats have been meowing a lot lately." The boy added.

"She has cats?" Gildarts asked nervously.

"Not fond cats now, agent?" Laxus snorted, holding back his laughter.

"I have cat allergies, so yes, I'm not fond of cats." Gildarts rolled his eyes at the Detective.

"Yeah, she has 3 of them," the little girl held up three fingers. "Snowball, Cherry, and Rick."

"Alright, thanks for the lovely information children," from the corner of the detective's eye, the next door neighbor looked at them, probably the little girl was their daughter. "Now run along now, I think your mother is calling you."

The two children looked behind, back from where they came from and then looked back at them. "Okay now, bye." The two of them said in together and ran back into the direction they came from.

"Cute children." Gildarts said as he saw the two children head back inside their house.

"Would it be too soon to say that I want a kid?" Laxus scratched his head.

"Yes, yes it would be," Gildarts answered. "Come on now detective we have someone to meet."

"Right." The two continued on with their task and walked up onto the porch.

Laxus rang the doorbell in hopes of the Strauss sister, Lisanna, answering whilst Gildarts peeked through the window as best as he could while the drapes covered most of the view. "Hello, Ms. Strauss, are you home?" Laxus continued to ring the bell.

"Try knocking." Gildarts suggested.

Just as Laxus was about to knock, the door slightly opened by itself with the sudden breeze. "It's not locked?" The detective instantly looked at the agent.

"I'll go through the back." Gildarts whispered as he took out his gun and quietly headed out to the backyard through the side passage.

Laxus took out his gun and slowly opened the door with his left hand. "MPD!" Laxus yelled out into the house.

Slowly, he entered the house. Only the sounds of his footsteps, the floor creaking as he took his steps and the sound of a leaky faucet coming from the kitchen can be heard. The first room he entered was the living room. For the most part, everything looked clean besides the mess on the coffee table and the TV on.