Chapter 7

Author's Note: Okay, for the people who keep asking about why Natsu is useless in the story, without revealing much in future chapters and such I have a few in mind, he's not. I just haven't put him in a situation where he utilizes his fighting capabilities. It's going to be awhile but please do bare with me on that notion.

Other than that, I appreciate the positive reviews so far about the story. I thank all of you for them. Now, it's story time so see you 'til the end of it.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest known as Ichiya told them.

Gray and Juvia looked at each other with joyful smiles, instantly and finally awaiting those specific words. They embraced and locked lips with each other. May not be the closest thing to paradise, but with their everlasting love for each other, the moment will forever be remembered.

Everybody got up from their chairs and cheered, clapping and yelling out chants at the newly weds. Even Erza joined in, she was indeed a sucker for these kinds of things.

After several minutes, the ballroom went from looking like the inside of the church to that of a regular cruise ship party. Besides the chairs, new things were now accessible such as the bar area of the room and tables were now set around the ballroom, leaving only the center for dancing and such.

The altar was quickly changed to that of a stage where a few bands that Gray had invited for the party.

"This is pretty sweet ain't it?" Natsu took a seat by Erza who was at the bar.

"This isn't the first party I've attended," Erza took a drink from her shot glass that the bar keep gave her. "But you're right this is pretty nice."

Natsu looked at her as she drank down another shot of an unknown substance. "For the same person who said that she wanted to keep an eye on me, she sure is drinking a bunch of.... What exactly are you drinking?"

"Iced Tea," Erza knew Natsu would say something among those lines to her. "You think I'd actually get drunk while on the job?"

"I mean, you can enjoy yourself here and there, just don't over do it, ya know?" He told her.

"You're right, but not right now," she took down another glass of iced tea. "Not when your life is at stake."

"That's true, though I doubt that we're in any kind of danger." Natsu took a deep breath. He was finally feeling relaxed. Getting shot at twice can get you a bit more tense than usual.

"Maybe you should take your own advice." Erza looked at him. While it's true that her being his bodyguard was just a gimmick for her real job, she couldn't help but cut him some slack.

"Maybe I should, but with everything going on at the moment with the election and the whole getting shot at, I shouldn't, for any minute of my life, let my guard down." His energy was now elevated.

She didn't realize how overworked he was feeling yet still had a lot of energy to give out, it surprised her to the very least. I should keep that in mind, she echoed those words through her brain. If he says he's not letting his guard down, then I shouldn't either.

"Hey bar keep, give me a glass of water please." Natsu asked of him.

With a simple nod, the bar keep took his order. He took out a cold water bottle from the small fridge and served it in his cup, now sliding it over to him.

"Thanks." Natsu took a few gulps down. Already half his drink was gone.

Erza looked around the ballroom. People were everywhere around and a fee children were running around as well. She didn't see the newly weds around. "Where did your friends go?" She asked Natsu as she turned back to the her drink.