Chapter 92.

Zane's POV

Casimir looked down the long table at me as the rest of the council nodded in agreement. "It is decided then, Your Majesty. Lilith will be sentenced to death. Do you wish to choose the executioner?"

I shook my head as I ran a hand through my hair. "I think this time will be best suited for her to die just as every other prisoner has before her. She is no better than any other and she will die as such." I said as my lips pulled down into a frown.

"Understood." Casimir said and the table stood in agreement before dispersing. "It will be carried out within the hour. Will you be attending Sire?"

I let out a slow breath of agitation. "I won't leave Ana any longer than I have to, but yes. I will be there. I just need to go back and check on her and Amirah first."

I left Casimir and made my way back to the healing wing. When I arrived, I was immediately met with confusion and panic. The bed was empty and stripped and there was no sign of Ana anywhere. Her scent still lingering in the air was old. How could she have been moved and I not be informed? Where was she? Where was our child?

"Ana, are you alright? Where are you?" I thought, looking for her through our connection.

I felt an instant ease as she pushed back into my mind. "I wanted to take our daughter to her home. Come and join your family, Zane." She said softly.

My family.

My daughter was here and she had a home that was now safe and filled with love. And Ana was waiting for me with her.

I hurried back to our suite and quietly opened the door. It was quiet. Still. I sensed movement through the hallway built into our room, now leading to the nursery. I heard a faint hum and followed Ana's scent as it mixed with Amirah's. I could hear her humming a quiet lullaby to Amirah and as I walked into the room, I saw her sitting in the rocker with Amirah nestled in her arms, sleeping peacefully.

I felt my chest tighten as the emotion of seeing such a beautiful scene before me stopped me in my tracks. It felt so intimate, like if I intruded I'd ruin the moment. Ana looked up at me and for just a moment, it was as if the world stopped moving around us and it was just the three of us.

"Welcome home." She said quietly with a soft smile.

She looked completely at peace. Like she'd always belonged here, meant for this very moment. I slowly walked to stand in front of her, kneeling down and placing a hand on Amirah's head as I stroked against her smooth skin, feeling the tiny fuzz of hair beneath my fingertips.

"This suits you, you know?" I whispered as I leaned in to place a kiss against Ana's forehead.

She let out a small giggle as she looked down at Amirah with more love than I could have ever imagined would come from either of us. "What do you mean?"

"This." I said, motioning to the sleeping child in her arms and looking around the home we'd created. "Like you were meant for all of it. Wife. Mother. Queen. Savior to your people."

She shrugged and shook her head as she gave me a dismissive smile. "Zane..." she whispered.

"I mean it Ana. You're the most incredible person I've ever known. And I am so thankful that I have the honor of being able to stand by tone side." I was bursting with pride as I looked back at her and our child. The feeling of love and protectiveness was overwhelming, and I knew she was feeling the same thing. It was consuming the bond between us this close to Amirah.