Chapter 84.

Ana's POV

The next few days passed in a blur, running together as the days blended into one another. Two days later, I had felt completely healed, but Zane insisted I allow the healer one more day to watch the baby. I reluctantly agreed, and couldn't have been more grateful for Kora and Braelyn keeping me company while the last twenty four hours drug on.

"I can't sit in this bed one more minute Kora. I'm so glad the healer has finally cleared me." I said, pulling the cover back and swinging my feet out to the side of the bed and allowing them to land in the cold stone floor.

Kora's eyes flashed with excitement as she smiled down at me, offering her hand to help me to my feet. "He was just worried about you. Your body went through a lot Ana. I think it's sweet."

I rolled my eyes as I took her hand, Kora giggling at my reaction. "It may have been sweet at first, but now it's just maddening. I'm ready to get some fresh air, I'm starving, and most of all I'm ready to sleep in my own bed." I stretched and popped as I slipped into my shoes before walking around to the end of the bed.

Kora beamed at me and flashed to the door. "Then let's go get some air." She smirked at me before turning on her heels and flashing out of the room and down the hall.

I laughed and followed right behind her as she lead us both out into the courtyard of the castle. We stopped just behind the bench placed in the middle looking out at the trees and I inhaled a lung full of crisp clean air as the sun danced across my skin warmly.

"I just realized, I haven't truly paid attention to my new life." I said as I exhaled.

"How do?" Kora answered.

"So much has changed Kora. We have been so busy preparing and surviving that I haven't even stopped to adjust to my new strengths, or gauge how my powers have shifted, or even just live in this new body." It felt weird to be able to feel the heat of the sun without being warmed, something I hadn't had time to notice before.

Kora sighed and turned to face me. "You'll grow used to it. Most newly turned are so overwhelmed that it sends them over the edge a little at first before they can finally adjust. You skipped that completely because you didn't have a choice."

"You could definitely say that." I laughed.

My eyes took in the scenery before me, the memory of the field from battle as the blood red moon cast a crimson glow across the land below fresh in my mind. As if it had just occurred. I let out a tight breath and shifted my gaze to the forest in front of me, remembering my time spent in the cave as I discovered what and who I was, and my last moments with Zane.

Finally I turned to look up at the balcony overlooking the courtyard and a smile curled at the edge of my lips as the memory popped into my mind of Zane standing on the balcony shirtless as he watched me. How his jaw clenched Aston fingers trailed across my body teasingly. As if he knew, the door opened and Zane stepped out into the balcony. He was wearing his worn in jeans and a black T-shirt that fit smoothly around his body. I could see every curve and valley as the dark cotton wrapped snugly around each corded muscle. His gaze dropped to catch mine immediately and he smirked before giving a nod to Kora standing behind me.

"What was that about?" I asked over my shoulder, catching a beaming Kora before she wiped the smile off her face.

"Oh, he just mentioned whenever you were cleared that he'd like you to meet him at his suites. Whenever you're ready." She said with a quick smile before turning and walking away back into the castle.

I looked back up at the balcony to see Zane was gone and the cool breeze blew through the curtains where he'd left the door open. I felt a flutter in my chest as I wondered what on Earth he was up to while I quickly made my way up to his suites.