Chapter 49.

Ehren leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on my forehead before disentangling himself from me and sitting up. He held his hand out to help me up as well before he climbed off the bed. He turned back to look at me with a gleam of joy in his eyes as he spoke. "Shall we get some breakfast then?" He said, extending his hand for me.

I smiled up at him, taking it as I slid off the bed and followed him downstairs, our hands remaining interlaced as we came into the kitchen. As we came into the room, everyone's eyes shifted to us before quickly returning to their previous activity. He squeezed my hand reassuringly before dropping it as we came to our seats at the table.

"So, what's on the menu today then? Is that eggs and bacon I smell?" I said cheerfully.

Looking around the room at those surrounding me I began to feel a joy radiating from inside of me. Kora smiled at me knowingly as she side glanced Ehren quickly.

"It is. Here's your plate dear." My mother said, placing the plate in front of me.

As the plate came around my shoulder, the smell of sizzling bacon and fluffy eggs wafted beneath my nose. Something about the eggs suddenly didn't sit right. My mouth began to fill with saliva as my throat tightened uncomfortably. I swallowed to try and choke back the feeling, but I knew what was coming. My stomach began to churn and I quickly stood from the table.

"Excuse me." I mumbled before running from the table and rushing up the stairs. I slammed the door open and pushed into the bathroom just in time before my stomachs contents forced their way up. My hands gripped the cold porcelain as I began to dry heave.

"Are you ok Ana?" I heard Kora's soft feminine voice from behind me. "Oh Ana." She said exasperated.

She flashed to my side, kneeling behind me as she pulled my hair away from my face. I sighed as I rubbed my hand across my mouth before sitting back. She grabbed the towel and rinsed cold water over it before bringing it to my forehead. She pressed it against my now cold sweat covered temples as she hovered in front of me, her expression worried.

"I must have overdone it last night." I said with a sarcastic laugh.

"What do you mean?" Kora replied as she dabbed my forehead.

"I guess I need to fill everyone in. I actually exceeded my skills last night. I...sent my spirit through a vision." I said, trying to find the words.

Kora's jaw dropped slightly before she recovered, leaning forward in interest. "Explain please."

I told her everything, from how I pulled the vision to the very end. Kora sat back against the wall, rubbing her hand down her face in disbelief. I still couldn't believe it myself.

"Ana this is incredible. We have to go and tell everyone. Delphine especially must be told." She said on a breath. Her eyes were wide as she processed the new information, standing and pulling me to my feet with a quick smile before leading me back down the stairs. "Delphine! Quick. You should hear this. Ana needs to tell us all something."

We settled into the sitting area and I recount my story to each of them. My parents both exchange a look of shock as Delphine stared back at me smoothly. As if she was waiting for something like this to happen.

"I've only done it the one time. I don't even know if can do this again." I said quickly, trying to calm everyone now looking at me as if I was their treasured pet.

Delphine nodded with s smirk before speaking. "Oh you can. And you will. We shall eat and then continue to practice and hone every skill until we are ready."

I let out a short breath as I stared back at them before being pulled back to the table. I choked back the new association I had with breakfast food and forced it down. I knew I needed to maintain my strength or I'd never be able to practice. As soon as we were done, Delphine immediately had me begin trying to send myself further and further.