Chapter 85.

Zane's POV

I'd met with the council, letting them know of my decision before the night could officially begin. But even if they'd said no, I'd have overruled. I wasn't waiting any longer. I was not going to allow one more thing to stop me from being with Ana. She was the one. She'd always been the one all along, even since she was young and in training under my mother's care.

My chest tightened at the thought of everything she'd gone through. Everything she'd endured to lead us here to this point. But I planned to make that up to her every second of every day for the rest of our lives. An eternity wasn't long enough to give her everything she deserved, but I was going to try.

"That went well I think." Fallon's voice cut through my thoughts, snapping me back to reality and I looked up at him in surprise.

"Where were you just now man?" He said with a laugh.

I shook my head and ran a hand down my face to bring myself back to the present. "Just memories. And thinking about the future." I said lowly.

Fallon slapped a hand on my shoulder and leaned in close, lowering his voice. "She knows how much you love her. She is going to be an incredible Queen, and it's time for you both to get a little happiness."

I looked up at him to see the jovial facade was gone. He was looking at me with a raw and serious expression that only shows on Fallon's face in the truest moments. I wrapped my hand around the back of his neck and pulled him into a hug. "You deserve that too man." I responded.

And he did. He'd spent so many years grieving the loss of Kora, and now like a lightning bolt she was back in his life and they both seemed as if they'd never been apart. There was space at first, as if they were learning to trust each other again, but now, they seemed as if they were stronger than ever.

Fallon and I walked down the hall away from the meeting to head for the throne room. We were set up in the room across the hall to give Ana space to prepare for the evening. I smirked at the thought of how she may have responded to her attire for tonight. Soon she'd be mine, completely and fully. But even more so, I'd finally be hers. I slowly put my tuxedo on piece by piece as Fallon entered the room to do the same. Once we were both dressed, I looked at him with a small smile.

"I just can't believe it's finally happening." I said.

Fallon shook his head with a raised brow as his lips curled up at the edges. "It's been a long road here, but you both deserve this man. It's an honor to stand by your side." He said.

I walked over and gripped his shoulder. "Thank you for everything you do for me man. I don't know where I'd be without you."

Fallon stared back seriously for a moment and nodded once. Finally he shrugged and bumped me with his shoulder, letting out a chuckle. "Ok man. Let's go get you your Queen."

The throne room was decorated beautifully and more elaborate than I've seen in a long time. More so than before when I'd had the mating ceremony to Lilith. This ceremony would be different. This was announcing the mating of not only the King of the kingdom, but also to bring in their new Queen.

Part of me was pleased with that. Ana deserved this and more. She deserved the recognition and the status of who she truly was. Lilith was simply a political alliance and our ceremony reflected just that. The mating to create an alliance with the heirs of two thrones. Tonight would be special. This only happened every few hundred years, and Ana would be the true star of the entire evening. She would be the reigning Queen of our kingdom, and in line to rule her own one day when Thaddeus was ready to step down. This was two nations of people joining together in unity, moving forward together as one.

Creamy ivory and burgundy flowers were everywhere, filled in with full cascading greenery as it filled every corner of the room. Large white trees with lights hanging in the branches twinkled down the aisle as it lead up to the alter. Above the thrones was a large canopy filled with the same flowers and hanging lights as the room was lit by candlelight. It was a sight to be seen for certain, but I knew I'd have the best view of all once Ana walked through those two doors.

Fallon walked into the room and stepped beside me, taking it all in before speaking. "She's going to love this. It's incredible."

"I hope so." I replied, seeing Casimir as he stepped around the corner of the thrones and gave me a nod. It was time.

The two massive wooden doors opened and the room began to fill with guests as each seat began to be filled by members of the kingdom. A man with a violin began to play softly as everyone settled into their seats to await the ceremony. I took my place at the alter just below the thrones' platform as Fallon stood beside me. Casimir took his place at the head of the aisle and gave a nod to the doormen at the back of the room.

The tune changed to a new melody and picked up in volume as the doormen opened the ornate wooden doors entering the throne room. My chest tightened in anxious energy as I waited to catch sight of her. My eyes stayed locked on the entry until finally I saw her. She came around the edge, slowly making her way down the aisle. She floated, as if on a breeze as she made her way down the aisle while Braelyn and Kora walked in sync behind her.

The dress was stunning on her, draping around her curves like a glove as the skirt glistened and fell around her growing abdomen. Each time it caught the light, the twinkle reminded me of the cave she had discovered her true self in beneath the blue glowing ceiling. The slight illusion of her hips as they swayed while she walked was enough to send shivers down my spine. But the moment I locked eyes with her, it was as if the entire room faded away into oblivion, leaving just the two of us in our own private world.

Her jeweled gaze entranced me, holding me captive within it as she slowly walked down the aisle, finally making her way to stand still before me. The world began to trickle back in, but it was muffled in the background as Casimir started to speak.

"No veil?" She pushed her thoughts into mine with a half smile.

"I don't want any barrier between the two of us in this. I wanted to be able to see you as clearly as you have seen me...from the very beginning." I responded and I let the overpowering love and emotion explode from within me and she smiled, her eyes widening as she felt it.

Casimir's voice broke through the static energy coursing between the two of us. "Today marks the start of a new Era. It is the joining of not only our King and his chosen mate, but also of two nations. Today begins the reign of King Zane our crowned King, and Queen Adriana, heir to the throne of the Talentati." Casimir's gaze dropped from the witnesses behind us to meet mine first as he continued. "Do you, Your Majesty, accept her royal Highness, Adriana, as your chosen mate? Do you also accept the responsibility as mate to the heir of the Talentati, taking on her nation as your own to protect and safeguard for as long as you shall live?"

Without hesitation, my eyes locked on Ana's and I answered immediately. "I accept both willingly and gladly."

Casimir turned to Ana but she refused to let go of my gaze. An expression of overwhelming joy and anxious excitement was filling her face as he spoke. "Your royal Highness, do you accept His Majesty the King, as your chosen mate? Do you also accept the responsibility as mate to the King of this great kingdom, taking on this nation as your own to protect and safeguard for as long as you shall live?"

She answered with a heavy tone, addressing the weight of the responsibility she was accepting. Her face showed restrained joy as she tried to hold her happiness in and remain poised and calm on the exterior as she answered. "I accept both willingly and gladly." She said evenly.

"Are each of you prepared to close the ceremony by completing the mate bond with one another?" Casimir finished.

We both nodded in unison and answered, "I am."

I shrugged out of my tuxedo coat and handed it back to Fallon as I unbuttoned my top collar, my lips curling up at the edges as I turned back to face Ana. It was finally time. We would finally and at last belong to one another, wholly. We each took a step closer, my own taking one of her hands into mine as my free hand wrapped around the back of her delicate neck.

"Are you ready baby?" I sent my thoughts to her and she instantly nodded with a smile.