Chapter 5.

Cast: Fallon (Devin Paisley)

Zane's POV

I slammed my door shut behind me before I began to pace my room. How was I going to deal with this? She knew exactly what she was doing, how she was effecting me.

Fuck.

The memory of her hands brushing against her skin as she gasped was seared into my brain. My fangs ached for a taste of her. I didn't know how much longer I could fight it, especially if she kept teasing me so blatantly.  I had enjoyed the show, but the last thing I needed was to fight off anyone else who had been watching her. No, even if I hadn't claimed her gift, it was mine. She was mine.

I felt a surge of something rolling through me for the first time. Possessiveness. I shrugged it off, trying to break free of the lust beginning to fill me. She didn't choose this. I couldn't act on it, no matter how badly I wanted to.

I walked over to my desk, pouring a hefty glass of whiskey and gulping it down. I stilled myself, letting the amber liquid warm me from the inside, calming my thoughts momentarily. I'd resist, no matter how much she tempted me. She couldn't want this. She was a slave, and I wouldn't take something she was being forced to give away.

I placed my glass back down and changed into jeans before yanking my shirt over my head. I needed to clear my head. I walked out of my room and down the marble steps exiting my private suites and headed toward the main lounge. I yanked my phone out of my pocket and sent Fallon a text, telling him to meet me.

He made it down to the bar within two minutes and slapped a hand on my back as he smiled. "What's up man? I was wondering when you'd make it out of there."

He smirked and shoved me as we walked up to the bar. I didn't care that it was barely noon. I needed the distraction, and I knew he'd be more than willing to join in.

"Shut up Fallon." I growled.

He just laughed and rested his elbows against the bar, winking at the tan female as she sauntered up to us.

"Can I help you gentleman?" She leaned forward, flashing her cleavage at us as she shot me a flirtatious grin.

I gave her a fake smile and ordered a beer. Fallon matched my order and whistled lowly as she bent over to grab the bottles from behind the bar. She giggled and brushed her long brown hair off of her shoulders, giving him a better look at her as she placed the beers down onto the bar in front of us.

"Let me know if you need anything else," she purred, eyeing us before walking away. 

I rolled my eyes and took a long sip of my drink before steadying myself against the bar, sitting down onto the stool. Fallon pulled up a stool next to me and leaned closer.

"What's eating you? I thought you'd be ecstatic after getting a taste of that little vixen last night. You so tired that you don't want any of her either?" He flashed a smile over at the bartender as she glanced over her shoulder at him.

I let out a frustrated groan in response. "Shut up Fallon. To answer your damn question, no. I didn't touch her."

Fallon turned abruptly to face me, eyeing me suspiciously. "Why? She's hotter than hell itself. You got the best gift a man could get. If she'd been given to me, I couldn't have gotten her undressed fast enough."

I felt that annoying feeling surging back through me and I shrugged again, trying to get rid of it. "I said shut the fuck up Fallon."

"What the hell man? What's up with you?" I looked over and his eyes were wide, his brows furrowed together.