Chapter 4.

*A/N: Photos above are just an idea behind the inspiration for Adriana's outfit. Thought you all would like the visual and help seeing into the inspiration behind her clothing. Enjoy!

Adriana's POV

What was I supposed to do now? He wouldn't let me do what I was given to him for. He wouldn't accept the Queen's command that I replace his personal servant. What now? I couldn't just sit around waiting and hoping for him to decide he wanted me. I had to do something. Anything. I had to make him see me. He thought I didn't want this, but I did.

I'd always noticed him when he'd visit the Queen's suites. He demanded my attention every time he was around, and I was nearly punished several times for bringing my eyes off the floor to steal a look at him on more than one occasion. Even more so, my body wanted him. I could feel it as soon as I touched him. Sitting across his hips, I could see that he clearly wanted me too from his body's response. Now, how to move his brain forward? There had to be a way to show him I'd have chosen to be with him with or without the gift.

I'll just have to show him. I'll have to show him how my body responds to him. No one responds that way when they don't want to.

I walked outside, taking a deep breath in as the air blew around me, letting the sunlight warm my skin. I walked slowly, soaking up every ray of sunlight as I headed toward his suite. No one would bother me out here. Only other slaves or the royals and their closest council could walk in the daylight.

As humans, the slaves had one freedom. When we were allowed outside, we soaked up every moment we could. It was the only time we could genuinely have a moment to pretend we were our own. But only a handful of us were trusted to be able to leave the castle without attempting to run away. The royal family had the ability to walk in the sunlight, but the rest of the kingdom's citizens could move outside of the castle's walls only at nightfall.

I felt the sensation that someone was watching me, forcing my eyes to snap open. Zane was standing on his balcony looking out over the grounds with a pair of grey sweatpants hung low on his hips, emphasizing the natural v trailing down his hips before disappearing into his waist band. I caught myself wondering what was hidden below and my mind instantly pulled the memory of his growing bulge beneath me as I straddled him the night before. Heat rushed my cheeks and my breath caught. My fingers went up, feeling the rush of heat under my skin.

What is happening to me?

I had been preparing for this my entire life. I'd been conditioned to control my body, control my natural responses. I'd been approached more times than I could count, but no one ever made my body respond this way. Around him, it all seemed to fall straight out of my memory.

I looked back up to see him watching me with that intense blue stare. I fluttered my eyes away quickly and decided to take back my control. It was time to show him what had to happen. What I wanted to happen.

I brushed my hair off of one of my shoulders, letting it fall away from my neck as I trailed my fingers from my cheek and down my neck before tracing them down the deep v opening of my dress, brushing past my breasts before brushing across the front of my skirt and back up my inner thigh. My teeth nibbled on my bottom lip as my other hand floated down to my breast, my other hand beginning to move behind the slit in my skirt, tracing against my skin and moving toward the top of my inner thigh. I let my head tilt back, feeling the sun warm my face and gasped. It was quiet, but I knew he could hear it. My hand moved up to pull the halter from my neck, lifting it off of my skin when a strong hand grabbed onto my arm, freezing it in place.

A shadow replaced the sun on my skin and I opened my eyes to see Zane towering over me. "What in the hell are you doing?"

I smirked up at him and saw him staring wildly down at me, blocking me from view as his hand locked mine in a vice grip around my halter. "Well, you said to do what I wanted to do. So, I thought I'd give that a try."

"And you thought you'd just do this here, for everyone to see?" He growled.

His free hand moved down to grab my wrist beneath my skirt. My heart fluttered as his hand brushed against the soft skin of my thigh, just below my hip as it held my arm still. I quickly reigned in my emotion and pulled my arm up, bumping his hand against the cold metal locked at my hip.

"Gotcha." I whispered with a devilish smirk.

His eyes widened as he realized I'd been messing with him. His shocked expression faded quickly and was replaced with something new. Something mischievous.

"You think you can mess with me? You'll be lucky if that thing ever comes off in public thanks to your little display today. But I'll be happy to oblige you this once." He smoothly pulled the key out of his pocket and held it in front of me, daring me to take it.

"You think I won't do it?" I asked teasingly, hoping he wouldn't call my bluff.

I would, but I hadn't actually planned to. I was only allowed to remove my belt to bathe, but in those briefly private moments, I'd been able to satisfy my own private needs. My entire life I'd been alone, never knowing the touch of a man. I knew exactly what to do, and I'd be happy to show him...any other time.

The corners of his mouth twitched and he purred, "I know you won't."

My emerald gaze met his, challenging him with every ounce of courage I had. I raised my eyebrows and flashed my eyes down, daring him to unlock the belt. He paused, steeling his hand as it held tight to the key. Sensing his pause, I decided to raise the stakes. I reached my hand to guide his to the lock, brushing his hand across my skin as I did, holding his gaze the entire time. I bit onto my bottom lip and let out a low moan of anticipation, fluttering my lashes at him.

A muscle in his jaw twitched and his body went rigid, yanking his hand away from me and leaning in so close I could feel his breath hot against my skin. A shiver ran down my spine and I tried to hold myself together. He would not win this one.

"If I ever take this thing off of you, I certainly won't be doing it in front of the entire kingdom." His voice was a low growl against my ear, sending chills across my skin.

"When." I corrected.

He pulled away just enough to search my face. I held my expression in seriousness, with just a hint of teasing creeping up at the corners of my mouth. He let out a loud sigh and pulled further away, raking a hand through his hair harshly. He shook his head and as I blinked, he was gone. I was standing again in the sun as the chilled air blew across my now flushed skin. I was alone. Only this time, I couldn't do anything about the need filling me. The need for him.