CHAPTER 46 - Unexpected Allies

*****

It is now the first day of the third week of that month, actually, two days later, that's already gone and passed by in Z-city.

And on that first day of the two, Eden had finally gotten the courage to tell the group about what she had seen and also admitted that she sneaked out and went into the city alone on her own.

Needless to say, they were all disappointed and upset with her when Eden gave her honest admission about her late-night outings into Z-city, but then some of them understood how she had felt antsy upon being stuck inside Safe Haven for so long and believed that she went out without worry since the others were there to look after her children and the group members.

Still, they didn't hesitate to voice out their negative opinion and disapproval over it and sternly scolded Eden about how reckless and dangerous it was that she went out on her own without telling anyone, as well as going out alone during those terrifying times at late nights in her outings.

Eden had already known she was in for it as she told them the truth but then she tried to ignore and not show the hurt on her face when she noticed how Ryu and Sahara were looking at her with disappointment.

On the last of the second day, she went out into Z-city again, but this time with the company, that is Ryu, Sahara, and Daiyu, to check on and scope out the group of survivors that Eden had seen.

However, when they returned at the time during the sun was just setting down on the horizon, they returned, surprisingly with the new group of survivors and they were instantly forced to do it without checking if they were truly good people or not because one of them was revealed to be in a very delicate kind of condition that this one and their group had to be brought back into Safe Haven.

At first, the others back in Safe Haven were a little upset that Eden and the three others brought the new people back, but the minute they caught sight of the person who seemed to be in a fragile state, they immediately accepted them in without question or hesitation, even though the only ones who are confused about this were the children, and Eden herself, who hid her annoyance and frustration by the group's instant acceptance of the new one.

Though Eden wouldn't admit it out loud, it looks like bringing in this new survivor group is a good thing, because another one of them is a certified fully experienced doctor.

Granted, the doctor seemed to be young in his late twenties or so, and he only had a few years of expert residency in his field, Eden was relieved to finally have professional medical help in their group in case one or two of them might get themselves into a major life-threatening injury that no one could ever treat or fix, even by Eden's slightly skilled medical standards from what she had learned or experienced through one year alone back then since the start of the zombie apocalypse and such.

The new group of survivors was all settling in, thanks to the kindness and gentleness of the others with the children and Eden watching by in the background, seemingly to be hiding from view until the children boldly took on the brave step into greeting the new people and Eden was the only one left behind and watching them with suspicious eyes alone by the shadows.

After Eden watched them for a silent moment or so, she decided to go back up on the rooftop in Safe Haven and softly told Nadia that she'll be taking over the night-watch and guard shift at the time which Nadia nodded that she'll tell the others about it, and then Eden went upstairs with her loyal dog Luna following after her, to keep her company.

Right before Eden went to the roof, she went over to check on her two kids Michael and Annie to see if they were fine without her for the night, and they confirmed that they'll be fine as they'll be sleeping over happily with their friends, along with Archer too, who seemed to be grown up into a responsible guard dog for the children at the time.