CHAPTER 24 - New Survival Knowledge

*****

It has been five days later that's gone and passed by, almost nearing the end of the month in Z-city as Eden had made up the decision and went to carving and marking the days in an empty room inside Safe Haven, starting at the first side of the four walls in that room, so that she will be able to know the date and time, besides writing in her journal.

After she made and set up the new 'Apocalypse-Calendar' room in Safe Haven, she was also learning and studying much from the books she obtained in the supply run before and gained more knowledge to provide and teach to the whole group there, ensuring their survival through this apocalypse.

Eden had trained and learned to become a better survivor of this world-apocalyptic situation they are all in, and the studies and training she's been doing for herself have become much more intense than before, even with the new kind of physical training regime she made up. There are also the lessons Eden had to teach her two kids Michael and Annie so that they'll learn to survive, as well as training her dogs Luna and Archie to both become zombie-sensors and hostile enemy detectors, sniffing out supplies and danger, and other survival necessities too.

During those five days for the last week of the month, all the lessons and training she took for herself and got busy over them, and also the survival lessons needed to be taught to her children and the firm kind of training she's ingraining to her dogs. She didn't spend the whole time during those days too busy, for them to have short breaks at the time but she always confirmed and checked whether the lessons and training had paid off so that they'll be able to survive through this apocalypse and for the next days in the later future.

Eden's intense lessons and training were spent mostly on the rooftop without the kids around, and those times are during when they're having a break from their lessons, playing around with Archer, and also at night when they're deep asleep and she'll stay up late for a few hours upon studying and doing the exercises. For the children's lessons, she taught them at the same time to train the dogs, since Michael and Annie can help train the exuberant puppy Archer to grow up as a well-behaved and trained dog, and Luna was easy to follow instructions and commands from Eden as she trained it to be some kind of apocalyptic survivor-dog of sorts.

It seemed that Eden didn't have any difficulties teaching the kids and the dogs about survival, but she made sure that she'll be doing the lessons repeatedly and tested them in case they might forget or miss the important things that are necessary for them to survive and such.

The testing for the kids and dogs won't be too much for them, since Michael and Annie are still young and there's plenty of time for them to absorb much from their lessons, but for the dogs, Eden can't afford any mistakes with them because the canines are also important to help their group out on sniffing and scoping out any threats or dangers, as well as contribute and ensuring their survival upon having them as well-trained survival guard dogs.

It wasn't long until the sixth day of the month's last week to come, and Eden was settling the children into bed that night and Archer took its usual post into sleeping with the little humans, snuggling in between them. After Eden watched them fall asleep and went deep into their slumber, she moved to sit upright beside them and grab for her journal to write another new entry into it, and she started writing as she patted a little on Luna's head lying down by her other side and alertly awake.

*****

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY UNKNOWN, 9TH MONTH SEPTEMBER, YEAR 2XXX

Hey, it's Eden again.

Just as I said with promise and written before in the previous entry...I got some books to read them all through and thoroughly.

Ohh boy, I got a lot of learning and studying to do, after I brought back the new load from the mall and took it home to Safe Haven, for the survival of my group.

I almost forgot, that there is additional stuff that I obtained from the previous major supply run, that I believe is useful for the other runs I'll be going and doing in the next few days in the later future. However, I'm still assessing them first to see if they are truly useful for my trips and such, so I won't be writing what those particular objects and weaponry are yet, until the next time on writing another journal entry.

Anyway, I'm rambling on.

The books that I got were fruitfully useful in guaranteeing our safety and security in Safe Haven and ensuring our survival in Z-city.

These books are, of course, outdoor survival guides, Dummy how-to-create, make and fixing guides, First-time weapon users' guides, physical-exercise training manuals, and other survival kits.

Upon reading and studying them all through and very thoroughly, I might end up as a kind of Apocalyptic gadget-improving lethal-fighting survivor or something like that.

Truth be told...I always wanted to be like a kind of Macgyver survivor or somebody similar like that.

Granted, I don't know how I'm going to turn out after my studies in the end, but I'm sure that the results are still the same, except I will be better at surviving through all of this.

Same with my children and the dogs.

As I said, there's a lot of reading and studying to do, so I'm going to end this entry right here I have done this just so you all know what I have been up to or something.

I know that it isn't much, but it's informative at the very least, and now I just have to be busy working for a few more days in Safe Haven to improve my skills, learning myself to be better, and teaching and training my kids and dogs to survive through this apocalypse and be able to face against any kind of dangers or threats.

Just as the survival rules go on my list, RULE #10: Practice Makes Perfect, RULE #11: Make and turn any idea useful, RULE #26: Take a chance on anything, even the impossible, and RULE #27: Solve the problem, even if it's little.

For most of it, I will be the one leading and protecting my group throughout all of this but I guess only time will tell shortly or so.

I don't know what surprises will come or the kind of plans I need to do in the later future, but as I said and written here. Only time will tell or maybe something might happen that will force me to decide quickly on what to do, but I will be alert and aware to assess first before I go out there to check on what's going on.

As the survival rules go, RULE #15: Be prepared for anything, and RULE #22: Be careful when checking on a hunch.

Until the next time then, this is Eden signing off.

*****

After Eden finished writing into the entry of her journal, she put it away, then rubbed Luna in a meaningful gesture that she's going to stay up the night for the lookout night-watch post, and she carefully extracted herself and got off the bed, without disturbing the children and tiptoed out of the room, grabbed the essentials and went upstairs on the rooftop to do her long night duty up there.

Eden added on a jacket to ward off the cold windy breeze during nighttime and she grabbed new night-vision binoculars with her, even though the sniper rifle gun she's bringing with her has an attached night-vision scope on it as a newly added feature too.

She settled into position on her place at the night-watch post there, patted Luna again when she laid by her feet beside her, and then carefully watched out in the city, to look out for any dangers or threats that might come to Safe Haven or not.

Eden was thinking deeply to herself, at the same time on her lookout, wondering what kind of things may or may not happen in the next days in the future, and also wondered if ever there will be a chance of living survivors that might be out there somewhere and they'll come passing through Z-city.

Only time will tell, if it might happen or something might come or not, and Eden will make sure that she's prepared and ready to face whatever comes at her or something.

*****

*****