CHAPTER 17 - Mapping and Defending Territory

*****

It was another two weeks later that gone and passed by in Z-city, and Eden returned home to Safe Haven after driving through another run-around in the zombie-infested city and was finished with her task, that is either mapping out the city routes and area or gathering and hoarding more supplies for her small group, or something else.

It looks like she was doing the combination of all three, as she climbs up and reached the rooftop of Safe Haven, and her kids Michael and Annie were already there waiting for her, eagerly greeting her and helping her out to unload the new supplies and other stuff she just brought in to their secure home.

Eden indulged in letting them help her, but she made sure that she was the one who was carrying the heavier goods or big load that she got on her. She nearly tripped over her feet and almost dropped the heavy load over the kids, when the puppy Archer scampered about below her, barking madly until it quickly stopped when his mother Luna nudged the pup to be quiet and behave.

Eden held back an amused smile at the sight of the mother dog being stern to its pup before she breathed a relieved sigh when she takes off and drops all the heavy things she had carried on her and put them down on the ground, which she'll be sorting them out later.

After she put down the things with Michael and Annie doing the same, she swiftly went to work on making dinner for them, and she brushed off the children's efforts when they wanted to join in the cooking and help her out with the chores but Eden stopped them from doing so and directed them to help out by setting up the outdoor table and chairs instead.

They obeyed and did what she told them to do and Eden gave a relieved sigh again inside her mind on watching them do the chore before she turned to focus on the dinner she was cooking for them.

It didn't take long for about a few minutes later, Eden had cooked and made up a simple dinner of heated noodles and vegetable stew for them, and they ate with leisure as Eden looked at little Michael and Annie like she was making sure that they're content and happy with their meals.

Even though she can see that there was no complaint or protest on their faces, it looked like Eden was expecting that sooner or later, they might choose to be picky with their food, but it will be difficult to give them what they want, considering the kind of apocalyptic state they're living in right now and then.

Still, Eden was glad that the kids are taking in and accepting the nutritious food she's been getting and retrieving with all her efforts for them. And she's glad that she doesn't have to worry about food for the dogs since she went out more to do supply runs in the city, she found vast storage of dog food at one of the pet stores and brought it home to Safe Haven.

After they had their dinner, Eden cleans up with Michael and Annie eagerly wanting to help her again and she lets them before they all went downstairs to clean themselves up, change, and get ready for bed, even though Eden was the only one exhausted and tired from the long days she's gone through from the ride around and runs in Z-city to do the tasks she needs to do.

When they settled into the bedroom comfortably, the children fell asleep first and quickly like they just played and run around in Safe Haven the whole day while Eden was gone, along with their favorite puppy Archer doing the same, nuzzling against Annie who wrapped her arm around it cutely like a stuffed doll.

Luna the mother dog is doing the usual routine of staying awake and guarding them, despite that Eden deciding to stay awake for the whole night to watch over them, at the same time, she reached for her journal to write the new entry over the events she has gone through and done during the two weeks and anything else that happened which she experienced through.