CHAPTER 45 - Surprising Encounters

*****

It was two days later that's already gone and passed by on the second week of the month at the time of year right then and later on. And the rough cold weather, as well as the snowy blizzards, have finally stopped and have become calm and peaceful in Z-city.

But it seems the peaceful time of that year supposedly, has become the calm before the storm of sorts, upon the tension radiating from Eden herself only. Even though the others haven't noticed her tenseness of her, it won't take long for a few of them to see her inner troubles, which the people sharp enough to notice are Ryu and Sahara respectively, since they consider themselves Eden's new trusted friends of sorts.

It just so happens that the reason why Eden has been acting like this is that she went out on a run alone, without anyone accompanying her since she sneaked out while they were all sleeping late at night at the time back then. Eden knew that it was a big mistake going out on her own but she got a little tense and angst too much upon being cooped up or something with the others and she seemed to have no time day of freedom all by herself.

It goes to show that she seemed to be used to being by herself since the zombie outbreak from the beginning until then she had rescued the kids and then the new group members here. So Eden thought that going on a short night stroll by herself would clear her thoughts about it and make her relax from her tensions.

It seems to be working during the late two nights she went out alone when the others are resting deeply and sleeping without being disturbed by anything during their slumber as Eden went out on her own.

But on the second night, just as Eden was returning to Safe Haven upon planning to go out into another night run, it seems that Eden must have seen or encountered something. Thus, it is the very reason why Eden looked anxious and tense by then. She tries to hide it as best she can without anyone in her group noticing it, including her loyal dog Luna, but then it will be a matter of time before the others finally noticed her strange behavior and such.

It was sometime at another late night on the third day that passed by, signaling the last time for the second week of the month that Eden is by herself on the rooftop, looking deeply thoughtful as she stands guard while taking the night-shift watch duty at the time then.

So far, no one else in the group has noticed her behavior yet that's been tense and strange from back then, but Eden knew better that it's going to happen sooner than later and she needs to admit and confess to them that she's been going out alone those previous late nights as well as what she had seen or encountered before.

Eden was looking through the telescope in its night-vision mode for a moment or so while being silent and thoughtful, being alone on the rooftop with a light snowy carpet on top and it's not cold enough to make her suffer from it as she's bundled in thick winter clothing types. After a few minutes or so, Eden took out the journal hidden in her person and went on writing a new entry into it to write down the events that have happened, including the parts of where she had been and what she had been doing during the late nights she went out alone in Z-city, as well as what she had seen or encountered.

Luna was still there, staying by her side as the loyal dog that the female canine is and Eden just patted it softly for comfort and reassurance before she went on writing the entry into the journal.

*****

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY UNKNOWN, 11TH MONTH NOVEMBER, YEAR 2XXX

Hey, it's Eden again.

Do you ever feel like you get a little tense and anxious from getting 'cabin fever' or something of the sort?

Well, I did. And let me tell you--it is not a very pleasant feeling when I started getting them. And I can't just tell my new friends that I'm starting to feel this way and needed to go out on my own and have some fresh air to calm and relax my mind over it.