30. Abject

(before  we start off the new chapter, happy 2020, and thank u for sticking with me, so fucking much, it gives me the drive to continue even if theres just one person who likes my work. that being said, im a dumb bitch. the former chapter is chapter 30, this is chapter 29....they switched...so, chronologically these events lead to what happened in the past chapter. i hope it makes a bit more sense and u understand where you and yoongs are! all the love, authornim)

abject

experienced or present to the maximum degree;

Looks deceive.

He tells himself this, the first time he's picking up one of Mr. M's associate's from the airport. He tells himself this, because the raven haired, sweet faced girl that stands at 6ft, towers with a hint of innocence, linking her arm with his and talking about how she dearly missed her "brother".

Looks deceive.

He catches himself repeating it not long after, in the heat of a heavy summer; a few days post his birthday, in the new car Mr. M had deemed as his, because he felt it was time Yoongi had a car of his own. He meets them at the docks, the twins, who are young enough for Yoongi to know they have a curfew, or well, should have a curfew. He clears his throat, as if to get rid of the initial surprise, but it doesn't work, it never quite works, because in the back of his mind he's still rolling film and wondering if they're at least over 14.

Looks definitely deceive.

He watches Mr. M change women like socks, picking only the ones who seemed of good quality and the ones who wouldn't rip if they were roughly worn out. He watches him, lose himself in them, he watches him, grow weak in them, and eventually, he watches him, believe her, the natural blonde Swedish girl. He allows her into his life, only to find himself being the sock
that's getting ripped, for she was nothing but a spy, working with another drug lord.

Looks deceive. They lie, sometimes even more than people.

"Is it hurting?" he asked, massaging his fingers into your scalp

"A little" you confess, but it's okay, it's worth the pain "I don't think it's going to help though...I mean, Yoongi, they know your face, I assume they know mine, hair dye can't change us"

"Look deceive. It won't change us. It will refresh us" he states, finishing with your bleach, picking up the discarded box and checking how long it will take. He kneels in front of you, and you lean back onto your hands on the creaky old single bed, a small yelp of a gasp or whatever the strange noise was, bubbling up your throat as he spread your legs.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"We don't have time for that" he smirks, scooting closer so he could kneel in between your legs, all the while shoving a box into your hands "Don't get your panties in a twist"

"I won't, 'cos I'm not wearing any"

It took him a second, perhaps a few, enough for you to return the smirk, to "accidentally" glide your foot over his thigh, and for him to finally react. He even chuckled a little.

"We really shouldn't waste time" he cleared his throat, devoting his attention to unbuttoning his shirt, his behavior seeping with sadness because you two really didn't have time, not right now 

"Just help me out a little, make sure I get all of my hair"

"Black? Going back to your original color?" you eyed the box of black hair dye curiously

"Yeah" he looks up at you, tossing his shirt aside "Hurry up"

You were bent at the small sink, washing out your hair with warm water, trying to rinse the dye as best as you could in the given environment. Yoongi gave you his shirt to use as a towel once you stood straight. You'd gained a new level of respect for him as he handled this situation with
the utmost patience, fearless and fast, ruffling his hair, his now black hair, walking out of the tiny bathroom, only to rush back in, with a pair of scissors.