13. Anguiform

anguiform

(ˈæŋwɪˌfɔːm)

adj

shaped like a snake

~

Being eye-to-eye with this possibility was completely new and – scary.

Never once did you feel scared in the presence of Yoongi. But now, not even him and his strong protective aura didn't make you feel safe. Knowing his arch enemy would be there, in this other mansion Yoongi had, mansion you never even knew existed until now, knowing you would meet him, knowing you would be so close to death itself-

Well that just brought back some sense into you as too why the fuck were you here?

Perhaps you suffered from Stockholm syndrome, and Yoongi from Lima syndrome, and you two met halfway in your mutual insanity.

"I need you, princess, to do something for me"

"Anything"

"A job, to be precise" he came close to you, his hands resting firmly on your hips, his eyes locked with your own, a hint of command in the air "Do you think you can do that for me?"

"I can do anything for you"

"Good girl" he said it more in approval rather than admiration "This will happen during the breakfast"

"Okay"

"Here"

He pulled out an envelope from his black suit, clearing his throat and proceeding to explain.

"You'll hand this, to the man I show you. You won't say anything. If he asks anything, you don't reply anything"

"And what's in the envelope?" you took it in your hands and wondered who even uses envelopes and letters in today's internet era.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you"

"You'd never kill me" you said all-too-smugly, but he didn't say anything

"Princess, my pretty little angel, don't wear it out okay" he teased and you just simply nodded.

It always confused you how some of the men working for these mafia lords were so old, and some were so- young. Apparently Yoongi's whole staff was here since the mansion was filled with men. All of them dressed in the finest suits, all of them being either silent or quiet in their chit chat, all of them pretty on the outside but horrid on the inside. Who knew how they got there.

One man in particular caught your eye as you walked down the marble staircase, noticing his dark eyes staring at you, and how big and child-like they were.

"Do I have a stain?" you joked, stopping in front of the tall man- boy, the tall boy who seemed even younger than you.

"No" he swallowed thickly and looked down "I'm sorry"

"It's fine" you curiously stared at him now. He was incredibly handsome, you had to admit. His broad shoulders gave him this manly look, his jaw line contributing as well. Even with these traits however, you could tell he was still a child "What's your name?"

"I shouldn't be speaking to you"

"Oh please, I haven't spoken to anyone but maids and Max in weeks. Talking to you is an event for me"

He smiled at the ground so innocently, his eyes crinkling, reluctantly speaking again.

"Jungkook"

"Nice to meet you Jungkook, I'm-"

"Y/N, I know"

"Oh. Right"

Since Yoongi probably informed everyone about your existence. That was actually sort of sweet. In a "make sure they don't kill her" kind of way.

You were talking too much and he was too scared to answer, so you decided it was time to leave him. He was standing there at the priceless painting, as if to make someone wonder what was more stunning, the painting, or him.

For a moment, you wondered how he got here. How on Earth did such a good-looking boy end up in a mafia business? And you stopped yourself from thinking about this any further because the truth would probably be more gruesome than you'd ever imagine. He was there by accident, you lied to yourself.

All the men seemed in need of some chit-chat, but you knew Yoongi wouldn't like that. You knew they were too focused to be caught off guard by a girl like you. Even the youngest was smart enough to know not to talk to you much. From beginning to end, the air was thick and you clung to every little piece that had potential of clearing it, but to no avail. Not even his staff could help you now.

This was the calm before the storm.

And Yoongi called for you from upstairs once he was informed the cars were near. And you felt your stomach twist as you stood close to him, as if trying to hide, trying to force him to stay there, upstairs, rather then going downstairs once they arrived.

But it wouldn't work.

The many rich cars had pulled over in front of the mansion and you could hear them, knocking on the door casually, walking into the mansion and then, the maid pretending as if she was only now informing you of their presence.

If the air was thick before their arrival, now there wasn't a word fit enough to describe how intense the whole thing felt. The moment Yoongi took your hand and led you down the staircase, seeing that famous Hound, seeing his famous men, seeing the contrast of two-opposing sides, it never felt good. 

"Agust" the man had such an unpleasant voice

"Hound"

"It's nice to finally make things a bit more – personal"

You weren't stupid to not catch onto his little reference.

Ha ha ha you kidnapped us and "made it personal" wow, how original.

"It's nice to finally make things a bit more – diplomatic"

You smiled up at him proudly, because yes, this was your man and he was no Hound, thank God.

"This must be Angel. I've heard lots about you"

You did your best not to make a rude-face whilst shaking hands with Hound. Hairy-hands, that's the only thing you remembered from that hand-shake. The fact that his hands were incredibly hairy, you did your best not to vomit right then and there.

"Shall we?" Yoongi wrapped his arm around your waist very possessively, flashing Hound a big grin

"I'm starving" he mimicked Yoongi's grin and with that, they were turning around and walking towards the dinning room. Dinning room for breakfast. This didn't feel like breakfast one bit, even with all the wonderful food spread out on the table, it didn't feel like breakfast.

You were seated next to Yoongi, who was seated at the head of the table. Hound was on the opposite side. This was very cliché but not like you knew anything about the mafia/gangster business.

You filled your plate, eating away the worry.

"Should we make a toast? To our new partnership" Hound hollered across the table, swinging his champagne glass in the air enthusiastically. Yoongi- or Agust, this was Agust.

Cos it's totally normal for him to have two personalities.

"Partnership? You've partnered up with someone. Who?"