22. Alterity

alterity:

 /the state of being different/

"I'm actually sure that deep down inside, a part of me loves you. I think that could be enough for us...perhaps..." he spoke "...I don't want you to leave"

He was well aware that he was contradicting his former statement about understanding whatever choice you'd make out of this, but he was weak to his need, and you were everything he needed. He was selfish and he allowed himself to be, even for a moment.

"I'll never forgive myself for what I did. There's absolutely no excuse"

"It's late. We should get home"

Yet another night passed and you let yourself forget the worries of the day, or perhaps you didn't, you just sort of, passed out and feel asleep immediately. It was a long day.

The next morning when you woke up, Yoongi was gone, just like he said he would be, and you felt slightly relieved. It would do you good to be alone a little, and it would do him good as well. He seemed very, exhausted, from everything, so perhaps doing what he loved would get his energy back up.

Sadly the long shower you took didn't ease your mind at all, so you hoped breakfast would do the trick. Good food could heal the worst wounds sometimes.

The ridiculously expensive vitrail-glass windows in the kitchen were opened, letting Sun light into the vast space. The modern interior was mixed sweetly with ancient-like paintings, decked in the finest appliances a person could imagine. Such a kitchen would make you think the man who made it cooks a lot. Yoongi never cooked.

You were still sleepy as you entered, but upon seeing what was there, you were fully awake.

"Hi?"

"Oh. Hey" he turned around, smiling, before taking another bite of the fruit salad bowl in his hands

"Um, who let you in here?"

"Shit, right, you don't know. Agust told me I can stay here a while, till I recover and stuff. Actually, I have you to thank for that"

You watched a shirtless Jungkook eat his fruit salad in the middle of the kitchen, considering for a moment that this was all a dream. But no, his figure was apparently real and this was all actually happening.

"You want some?" he raised his brows, speaking with a mouthful and staring at you intently. His whole left shoulder was in a bandage, bound tightly it appeared, yet the guy was still using his left arm.

"Why are you thanking me?" you asked carefully

"I heard what you did" he paused for a moment to finish his bite "You need to be real brave or real crazy to slap Agust D. Either way, it's cute that you did that for me"

He smirked at you and you sort of just wanted to press pause because, who the hell was this half-naked person in your kitchen, was this still the same little shy Jungkook or did he have a very confident identical twin?

"He obviously felt guilty. He even allowed me to like, ask maids to do stuff for me"

Yoongi did that for you, that was correct; sort of showing you he could be good? Well, maybe you could never change him, but you could bring out the good he already had.

"Do you guys have a gym?" he asked, finishing his breakfast, leaning against the kitchen counter and placing the bowl down promptly

"No, though I assume that's your natural habitat"

He laughed, tilting his head to the side. He sure was different now.

"I'll see you around then Y/N" he nodded at you, leaving the kitchen in a sort of stride.

Just as you recovered from this little surprise, you saw a phone buzz on the counter, and figured it was his. You grabbed it, only to see a new message beaming on the screen. This was totally an invasion of privacy but not like you cared, you just peeked, not like you were checking out all the conversations he had.

Sure, see you at 11

You refrained from laughing, since you saw his contact name for this girl was chick from Kábare

You walked through the downstairs hall, having no clue in which room he actually was, which resulted in you calling after him. Luckily he heard you.

"I'm in here" he shouted from one of the rooms and you entered it. It was one of those guest bedrooms you practically never spent time in.

"I thought you'd want this" you nudged him his phone. He averted his eyes from his laptop and at first didn't react, but then it clicked and he grabbed the phone out of your hand swiftly. 

When did he get so situated into the mansion anyways?

"Thanks" he now stared down onto his screen "Hope you didn't read anything"

"Don't worry. Chick from Kábare remains a mystery"

He poked his cheek with his tongue, typing up a quick reply before looking up at you.

"Hey, she's down to chill, I'm down to chill. And her name starts with an M, or E, something like that, I'm not a complete jerk"

"I don't actually need an explanation, but thanks" you smiled, walking backwards out of his room "Well, goodbye"

Yoongi wasn't answering your calls or texts, so he was apparently out for the whole day. You were starting to wonder where he was. You settled with the idea of him not coming back today at all, perhaps tonight, in one of his random 3AM appearances.

It's not like you really had any interest in Jungkook. It was more so a primal thing, in which you currently had nothing to invest your time in, and the answer presented itself really, or walked itself. Besides, it was fun to have a friend in that huge mansion. Definitely took away the whole isolation feeling.

And of course, you held your head out of the water, trying not to drown in reality.

It was easier to tend to foolish things such as, friendships.

"Am I interrupting you?"

You smiled cheerfully when you heard him at your door. You two ate lunch together and after that you told him he can come up if he wants. And as sex-inviting as it sounded, it would never be that, it was hey-don't-worry-agust-wont-kill-you-if-you-come-upstairs.

"Really?" you rotated in your chair, glancing at him with your smile fading away "You're leaving?"

"Yeah" he gave an apologetic smile, one you knew all too well "Got a little job to do"

"Aren't you supposed to be resting?"

"This isn't for the boss" he started getting up, at the same time his lips stretched out into a smile and you stared at him in confusion "This is for chick from Kábare. Wanna come with?"

 Wanna come with?"