27. Absquatulate

absquatulate

to decamp; to leave quickly; to flee:

Yoongi's voice was in a low octave, in a whisper almost, in a hasty tone when he stood there, at the foot of the stairs, watching you, in silence, as the clock ticked away at 4AM. His voice was ashamed when he said I'm sorry.

"What for?" you asked, eyes wide open at the usual sleep deprivation he caused.

"I forgot about dinner, and you" he was walking up the stairs, holding onto the rail, a bit too tight and a bit too light in his step "I'm sorry"

And then he collapsed, right at your feet.

His unconscious body lay there, cold, pale, vacant of vibrancy and for a moment, you thought he was dead.

Eva appeared at the bottom of the grand staircase, having heard your scream, and she changed. She became nervous, filled with panic, and for the first time since you met her, she became ignorant, losing her sense of logic and just, standing there, confused as what to do. This wasn't Jungkook from a few hours ago, this was her boss, now, unconscious and unresponsive.

The dominos had been pushed, and now, everything was falling apart.

"He's overdosed" you screamed at her, but really, you wanted to scream at him as the tears ran down your cheeks "Get Max here, now, the guards, someone! We need to get him to a hospital. Eva! Don't just stand there!"

You held his fainted body against your own, as if he were a child, you tried to shake him awake, to no avail, you tried to open his eyes but with no success. You pressed your ear to his chest, and his heart was still beating, and you tried to tell yourself this meant he was okay.

"If you die here, and now, I'll hate you, I'll really hate you" you spoke as if he were listening, the pressure in your chest building up as you presented that reality aloud, of him being dead, the tears turning into sobs and your heart starting to sting with pain "You can't die just yet, you can't leave me Yoongi. Please, don't leave me. Please, please, please"

In the span of ten minutes you were out of the mansion and on the road, driving to a hospital you assumed, with Yoongi sprawled on the backseat. Your tears had already dried, and you were trying to calm yourself, or maybe you were going into post shock catatonia, not that you cared, you only noticed the car stop at a nightclub and protested. It wasn't until the guard stepped out of the driver's seat and in appeared Max, that you went silent.

"What happened?"

"I don't know" you answered him "I assume he's drugged up, overdosed. He walked into the house, and I could tell something was wrong. He barely walked, said he's sorry, and fainted"

Max nodded.

Driving through the city with the sunrise peeking through the skyscrapers would've been beautiful in any other occasion. Max's calamity picked at your nerves more than usual. He knew what this was, he was used to this. Anyway, the sunrise looked awful at an event like this, uninvited and bleak as its rays softly hit Yoongi's stiff body.

"He'll be alright?"

He nodded, again.

"Don't nod just to calm me down, just to keep me quiet before you murder me and dump both our bodies in the ocean- tell me, will he be alright, or is he gone and I'm about to die too?"

"I don't know what he took exactly. I don't know if someone poisoned him. I don't know. And, if he's dead, I won't murder you. He wouldn't want me too"

The pajama-clad older man didn't seem joyous of your visit one bit, but he accepted it, and you held your breath while you followed Max and the two guards who were pulling Yoongi inside, his limp arms slung on each man's shoulder. His head had fallen back, his neck twisted and it pained you to watch Yoongi like that.