17. Ament

ament;

a person who fails to develop mentally;

"You stayed"

"I won't stay. I can't stay"

You weren't high or intoxicated by anything, and perhaps that's why you were finally seeing things properly just now. It flashed in front of your eyes like a movie. All the money, all the innocent people that got killed, all the things you've been through in this small time of two months. These two months of what seemed more eventful than your whole entire life.

"This is so fucked up. This is so fucking fucked up. What am I doing here, why am I even here?"

"You're here because I need you"

"I can't be here. I need to leave. I'm leaving you. This is over. I won't tell anyone anything. I'll put everything behind. No one will ever know about this. I'll forget you. I'll get over you"

"You won't"

"I will. I will! You were right" you let out a shaky breath "You were right all along. You're a lunatic. I am done, done being your little party girl. I'm done being your play thing"

You had to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital or something. There was something seriously wrong. There were a million reasons to kill him, to pull out that gun from his pocket and kill him. The world would be a better place if he wasn't in it.

Questions kept stinging your head, rotating around your mind, why did you even like him, why did you even stay, were you even aware of just how wrong this was, what was your behavior, were you just another cliché that gets attached to a man since she can't have her own personality?

"If I leave you, I'll get back to my old life" you started thinking aloud, and he just stood there, patiently watching you vent everything out "If I don't leave you, I'll be staying in this awful circle of whatever the fuck this is. Oh God I just heard another gun shot, I thought they were done already! Who's going to clean all that up today huh? Why am I even thinking about this?"

By the way your heart was pounding and hands shaking, you'd have passed out by now, God only knew what was keeping you stable enough to stand.

There weren't any windows in this basement, so you started feeling claustrophobic, not that this room was small, just that these circumstances were unpleasant. And that you could feel your cold sweat that was forming and the heavy breaths that were making it hard to breathe. Him standing so close to you wasn't helping things out either.

"I want to hate you so badly"

"And I want to love you so badly"

"But you can't – that's just it, isn't it? You can't love me. You can't love anyone"

"I need you"

And he kisses your lips with that familiar taste, he laces his fingers around your waist, and for a moment it feels like love.

But it's not.

"Lie to me, just once" you whispered as his lips pulled away from your own. His eyes reflect an uncertain puzzle piece, a look you have yet to discover, and fit into the mold.

"I love you"

He drew out the words with his tongue tasting like acid once he continued to kiss you, and somehow this glorified liar became the worst liar ever.

You spend the rest few minutes sitting on the couch while he's talking to someone on the phone. It didn't take long for Max to come back in. You'd never seen him with blood on his hands before.

But everyone gets their hand's dirty one day or another.

"It's done"

"Where's he?"

"In the cell, with the wife and kid"

"Seriously though" your voice chanted as you sipped on the whiskey Yoongi had poured for himself. Leave it to him to supply a basement with great liquor and cigars. "How did you do all this?"

"Not now, please" he sounded exhausted, as if not ready to handle another argument with you, so you relaxed your voice

"I'm genuinely curious. That really was some plot twist"

"Do we have a problem?" Max was a good guy but he also was a stick-to-plan kinda guy, and you interrupting them wasn't a part of his plan

"We'll draw up our own papers for him to sign. He can leave the country once he's signed them. And we'll pay for everything. Open him an account under some name that I control. From now on, I own him, and his family"

"Got a kink for owning people, ha Yoongs?"

"Shut up"

"Make me"

"Max" his tone said it all, and Max was already leaving the room, closing the heavy metal door behind him with the code beeping as he disappeared "What is your problem?"

"You. You are my problem"

"Are you bipolar or something? Mommy dropped you on the head as a kid? One minute we're having this romantic moment and now you're over there, looking at me like that, giving me attitude"

"Yeah, life's fucked up, someone told me that once"

He couldn't help but laugh sarcastically at your comment and you just rolled your eyes. 

"You take all the time you need to adjust princess"

Mostly everyone hates Hitler, everyone agrees on hating him, and it's easy to hate him.

Hitler had a dog. Dogs who are like the purest creatures ever, yeah that dog definitely didn't hate Hitler.  There was that one article you'd read about his secretary loving him as well, saying he was a great boss.

Obviously the comparison was far fetched, but you needed something to calm you down. If someone could love Hitler, you could surely love Yoongi.