25. Apercu

apercu:

brief outline; glimpse; intuitive insight:

He preferred meetings at night, because the night brings surprises and is always better than the day. In the industry he was in, night was holy. Day was a waste.

A part of him wanted to bring you along, but he knew it wasn't safe, and your safety was more important than his little nervousness. He let all of his guards do something else that morning. He didn't need them for this. He needed Max for this.

The hotel seemed very deserving of its five stars. A modern take on renaissance with glass chandeliers and grand staircases, clad in peachy colors and dim lights, ever with class. Art-work painted the walls so beautifully, as if it wasn't all stolen and passed around through the dirtiest of hands. Yoongi pushed his black sunglasses up the bridge of his nose.

"I'm here for a meeting"

"Oh" the receptionist looked at him with a smile "Whom with?"

"The owner"

It took the very nicely dressed-up receptionist, he knew exactly who to hire to appeal to the public he wanted, a moment, and she was picking up her phone, pressing a number and pouting her lips as she waited for a reply.

"Can I get your name?" she asked

"Agust D"

Yoongi glanced to his left and caught Max's gaze who, very serious as usual, seemed to be deep in thought. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, waiting and starting to feel impatient. Max gave him a look which poked at his nerves, because he knew, just as much as Yoongi, that this could be a fatal mistake.

"He's informed me you are too see him in the penthouse" the reception lady smiled, flashing her perfect white teeth. Soon, they were being guided to the elevator by a young man, probably a luggage boy, who in silence took them up to the highest floor of the large hotel. Once they reached their destination, the painfully pretty penthouse unveiling itself to them as the elevator doors slid open, they stepped out, and Yoongi waited for the door to close yet again, for them to be alone.

"To what do I owe this pleasurable and, surprising, visit?"

The voice was coming from up ahead, his back facing Yoongi and Max, his hands placed neatly behind him and his tall figure blending into the view of the big city that seemed so small at this height.

"Baby brother, you're still gambling?" Yoongi took a step forward, extending his left arm to check the time, 09:23AM as his rolex read

"Winning. And biologically, we aren't brothers"

"Calm down" Yoongi hummed "I need information"

"God Agust, after all these years, a man would think you'd learn, I'm always one step ahead of you. I know you need information. I'm just surprised you're not stubbornly looking for it yourself"

"I don't have the time" Yoongi spoke truthfully

"I would say you've grown clever since the last time I saw you, except I'm tempted to say the opposite"

He wanted to reply, but he was interrupted by a girl, with loud heels clacking against the ground and a chirpy voice booming through the large room.

"Can I get you or your guests anything, boss?" she asked, a sweet smile covering her lips and eyes running between the man at the window and Yoongi and Max

"No darling, in fact, you could go down to the lobby"

Without another word, the girl left the penthouse, and for the kick of things Yoongi cleared his throat.