54 - The Guy [Edited✅]

***

Have you ever been in that moment where everything was alright? And you felt like nothing should or could ever ruin it?

And the one thing, that one stupid thing arrives and you just want everything to stop. You want to rewind and go back somewhere to change something so that you could've avoided that situation.

Well I'm on that situation. My breathing stop as I watch Eric look at me in surprise.

And when he says my name, it reminds me that this is real. I close my eyes, squeezing Carter's hand. It's so real.

He looks at me, "Nikki, are you okay?" he asks, worried.

I open my eyes, exhaling. I'm fine. I should be fine.

"Would someone care to tell me what the hell is going on here!?" the voice says again. And this time it's more real than ever.

I look behind Carter to see Eric. Tall figure, dark eyes that I remember so well.

I feel my tears starting to well up in my eyes."Eric?" I ask.

"You know him?" Carter asks me, confused.

"He's kind of the reason we met." I tell him.

Carter's expression morphs into one of understanding.

"What do you mean I'm the reason you met him?" Eric asks, look straight out pissed.

I clear my throat, "Well after days of crying in my apartment over you, my friend Kate dragged me out of the house and to a club. Which just happened to Carter's. So yeah. And then he was drunk and I was drunk and things happened."

Eric chuckles sarcastically, "Drunk? Both of you? Please tell me you didn't-"

Carter cuts Eric off, with the happiest voice he can muster, "We had sex. But it meant nothing. Well, the first time at least. It was just heartbreak sex."

Carter was doing this on purpose. To rile Eric up. And it was definitely working.

Eric looks at me, asking me if it's true with his eyes. I look away, confirming.

"So get this," Eric starts saying, ignoring Carter, "I was sitting in my office trying to find this shit holding your hand," I look down to us hiding hands, "When suddenly, this gets put on my table."

He throws the magazine on the floor. The magazine with our faces on the cover.

"You're seriously with this guy?" Eric asks me, looking at Carter in pure rage. That rage goes way further than me.

I look up at Carter, then back at Eric, "I am."

Eric seethes in anger, inhaling as if he's controlling himself, "You don't understand-"

I interrupt him, angry myself, "And I gave you a chance to explain!" I shout. It was as if the heartbreak was happening all over again.

"I gave you a chance to explain. But you just let me go. Don't do this Eric. Go back home." I say, wiping that stray tear away.

He looks at me with sadness in his eyes, then turns to cater with anger, "No. You don't know anything about this guy."

"I know everything I need to! I know that he was in a gang and I know that he left." I say.

Eric chuckles. It's one of this evil ones where you don't expect the following thing to happen. And hell, I didn't expect Eric to say what he said next.