22 - No You Don't [Edited✅]

Have you ever just randomly thought of a song to distract yourself and the beat just keeps playing in your head and forcing you to sing it? Well it happened to me. It's happening to me.

F-R-I-E-N-D-S is the name of the song. Just to get rid of time I sing the song to myself. Totally aware of Eric standing at the other end of the room.

Or perhaps I should just get rid of myself and finish his job for him.

"Awkward silence." I whisper not being able to take it anymore so I spin on the island, lifting my legs and dangling them off the other side of the island so that I'm facing Eric.

"Do I have permission to speak to you?" I start off. I let my hands rest on the island on either sides of me.

His dark eyes bore into my grey ones. "Will you speak of I say no?"

I blush for no reason at all, "Most probably?" that was meant to come out as a statement.

Then he shrugs. So I continue.

"I-I," then I stutter. Why!? "You know what, fuck this." I mutter just before I turn serious, "I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry. I apologize for judging you and for being sentimental. I shouldn't have said anything but my mouth runs when I'm nervous and angry and happy and excited and sad, maybe not sad but you get my point. I shouldn't have said those things. I shouldn't even have shouted at you. And I'm sorry I blamed you for all the horrible things life threw at me. It's totally  not your fault. In fact I should thank you. I mean you basically saved my life. I was dying and you saved me. Do you know how expensive this is? "I point to where my kidney is," It's fucking expensive. And I know that you're a millionaire and rich and stuff but I would really li-" I get interrupted when a large hand wraps around my mouth.

I look up and my eyes meet with the most beautiful face I've ever seen, "Are you done?"

I shake my head and take his hand off, "I'm sorry. My point is to apologise. So I'm sorry and thank you. For everything and stuff." I finish off, kind of awkwardly.

My heart stops when his hands lifts his t-shirt. The one on my body!

Obviously it's the one I'm wearing since he is wearing a shirt and not a t-shirt.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask slowly, my breathing turning ragged.

My breath hitches when he touches my stomach where the stitch mark was. Not because it hurts but the electricity that shot through my body.

It's like the shiver you get when something cold touches you, only you enjoy it.

The doctor took my stitches out a few days ago.

"Does it hurt?"he asks.

"No. Not as much." I say.

He let's the sweater down. He steps back and looks away.

I couldn't resist so I reached he'd out to touch his cheek. It's so soft and oh my God! I turn his face to me, "Do you forgive me?"

He sighs and was about to speak, but he takes my hands off his face and places them on my lap, "Don't do this Nikita."

"Eric please. I'm asking something simple of you. Yes or no?"

"Yes I forgive you Nikita. But you need to stop this." he says, shaking his head.

"Stop what?" I ask confused, searching his eyes, and perhaps trying to find what he's hiding.

"This." he gestures between us, "You need to stop being so...so nice!"

I stare at his for a while then couldn't help but start giggling. He stared at me, "You think this is funny? I'm losing my mind here Nikita!"

I put my hands on his shoulders and calm myself down. "You're the one being nice." I tell him, "You had me get a lovely little room, you allow me to call you Eric while everyone calls you 'boss' or 'Mr Foster'. You gave me your expensive ass room for goodness sake. Yes I know about that, I'm even wearing your clothes. They smell really good by the way. Should I be rude? Should I be disrespectful? What do you want me to be? What do you want me to do? What is it? "

His mouth opens and closes which shows that he doesn't know what to say.

"I-I don't know." he whispers looking away.

"Tell me Eric... Why are you doing all this? Why are you being so nice?" I ask him the question I've been dying to ask.

He looks at me for a long while. And I wait. When he doesn't answer I still wait.

"I don't know." he says but his eyes tell me that he's lying.

"Liar." I whisper. He knows I see through him.

"I don't know." he tells me again.

"Why are you lying Eric? What are you hiding?" I ask, staring deeper into his eyes.

"Nothing. I'm not hiding anything." he says.

"What's the use of you lying any further. I can see you're lying. Eric please... There's no harm in telli-" he interrupts me...

"Because I care! OK? I care for you. You're like a drug I took. And I can't get enough." he starts pacing, "I haven't touched you, I haven't kissed you, I haven't done anything to or with you. But I smell you, I feel your presence, your touch gives me tingles everywhere. And I hate it. It makes me weak. But I love it at the same time. It's confusing. It's making me crazy. You do not want to know me. "

I stare at him with ragged breaths. My breath halts and my chest heaves.

Then I smile,"But what if I do?"

Next thing I know, his minty breath fans my face. His nose almost touches mine.

His lips too.

"No you don't." he whispers.

His face inches close to mine slowly. Heart beats fast, the need for our lips to meet increases and just when we are a millimetre  away from each other, he pulls away.

I breath. I watch as he walks away from me. I want to call him. Tell him to stay. Tell him I want to kiss him. But I don't.

Because I'm stupid. A coward.