43 - Giggle [Edited✅]

***

"Nikita, please see me when class dismisses." Mrs Harrison tells me. I nod.

45 minutes later, she dismisses the class. I pack my bag, putting it over my shoulder then I make my way to her desk where she sits.

She gestures for me to take a seat. I sit in the chair opposite her.

"Please take your pen out. I would like for you to do this test for me." she says, handing me the thickest test paper I've ever held.

My eyebrows raise in surprise, "Like now? I haven't even prepared for it." I say, my heart racing in nervousness.

"There's no need to be nervous," she touches my hand, "Look at it as if its a pop quiz. I'll give you 4 four hours to do it. If you finish before the time, you may leave."

I breath out a sigh, "Alright." I take the paper then look at the time.

4 hours.

°°°

3 hours and 15 minutes later, I can say that I'm done with the test.

I put my pen down and hand the paper to Mrs Harrison.

"Done already?" she asks, shocked to say the least.

I nod.

She takes the paper. It wasn't that hard. There were a few questions I didn't understand, but I answered it to the best of my ability.

She takes the paper from me, "Are you in a hurry? You could stay while I mark it. It won't take long at all."

Since I have absolutely nothing to do at all, I agree, nodding my head. "Why did I have to take the test in the first place?" I ask out of curiosity.

She smiles, turning the page and marking my answers. "Just a little test on your brain. Us teachers never know the abilities of young minds like yours."

I nod slowly, not quite understanding her. While waiting, I take my phone out and play some music.

Almost half an hour later, she's done marking my paper.

"I have one word for you." she says, seriously. I get nervous. "Extraordinary." she says and I let out a breathy laugh of relief.

"I'm about to tell you something and whether you say yes or no, it's up to you." she explains.

I nod, asking her to continue.

"I would like to ask you a question first..." she leads on, waiting for my approval. I nod, "Why did you drop out of university?"

I did not expect that. I gulp, ready to answer her question. It's nothing to be embarrassed about, "Well, honestly Mrs Harrison. We never really had the money for any education so-"

"Say no more dear," she puts her hands over mine, "We need students like you. Dedicated and always well prepared."

"Thank you." I smile in gratefulness.

"This paper you just wrote, was a final year student paper. First semester of course. I see you didn't understand some things which is because you never learnt it." she says making my eyes almost bulge out of its sockets.

"What!?" I scream unintentionally.

She nods, excitedly at that, "I've spoken to the dean and he said that if you pass this paper over 75%, I can push you over right here, right now to your last year of university."

You've got to be shitting me!

With my mouth ajar, my heart beating in nervousness and glee, I ask with a shaky voice, "How much did I score?"