4 - East[Edited✅]

***

I always thought that I could sleep for a whole year straight but I swear to god, if I fall asleep again, I'm going to kill myself.

We've been driving for an hour. I fell asleep and woke up fifteen minutes before we arrived at an airport.

I've never been on a plane ride before and when we were in the air I was so excited. I haven't spoken to anyone at all meaning I was quite bored. So why not take a nap?

I slept for four hours and I think that was enough sleep to catch up for the six years of sleep I've missed.

I look like a mess. I feel like a mess. And guess what? My life is a mess.

All I can think about, no, all my brain allows me to think about is the fact that in three months time if not less, I'm going to die.

He made it clear enough and I know for a fact that my mother is not going to pay that amount.

"You do realise that if in three months that woman doesn't pay my shit, you are going to die by my bullet." I remember him reminding me.

How could I forget? We were flying between a beautiful sunset.

"I know." is all I could say. I wasn't afraid to die. I've made peace with it. A very long time ago.

My heart was racing but now it's racing even faster. Almost as fast as the speed of light.

We are now in a fancy black SUV. We refers to myself, the driver and the super hot gun guy. I don't even know his name.

I'm sitting pressed up far against the door. My body is tensed and I'm numb.

I left my whole life back in New York. What will happen to Jesse and Kate? Not as in they can't survive without me but more about, won't they be worried?

This is where taking great decisions get you. A lot of questions get asked and confusion and worry rises.

I sigh and look outside. We pass little houses, then bigger houses and soon we get to the mansions.

"Wow." i breath out as I stare at the exterior designs. Sometimes I wish that we had a better life. That we lived in such mansions, wore fancy clothing and ate fancy and expensive foods. I want to get a taste of the rich life, you know?

We don't stop at any of the houses though. Instead, we drive further and further until we arrive at a deserted road. There are trees and trees as far as the eyes can see on both sides of the road.

Where the hell are we going? Is he going to kill me? This was not part of the deal.

My heart starts pumping faster and my head turns to him.

As if sensing my thoughts, he chuckles deeply, "I'm not going to kill you.... Yet."

My heart calms a bit at that but it doesn't stop beating faster. My knees are bopping up and down in nervousness and I'm biting my bottom lip.

We turn and drive straight into a tree. Wait, what!? My eyes widen but we stop just in front of the huge tree.

I frown. Are these people crazy?

My frown disappears when I see Mr mafia-guy scanning his hand on a hand sensor that was hidden inside a tree next to the car.

I look through the windscreen and watch as the trees literally move out of the way for us.

I laugh lightly. This is amazing. Either these trees are alive or they're just designed like this.

After driving for a short while we arrive at a humongous estate. This is way bigger than the mansions. I'm speechless.

The exterior is brick faced. It's a beautiful sandy colour. More sandy. The windows are tinted. Most of them at least and they are huge. There are more windows than I can count.

The car comes to a halt and I snap back to reality. This is not a holiday. I'm being held prisoner for my mother's stupidness.

Mr mafia-guy gets out and so do I.

Once again, he takes me by my upper arm and leads me in the house.

Inside its quiet but full. There are buff men dressed in suites everywhere. The inside of the house is way better than the outside and it is even bigger too.

Suddenly I get handed over to someone else.

"Take her to take her to the east side." Mr mafia-guy says.

I frown. The east side? What the hell is that?

I get manhandled by the buff guy dressed in black who looks a lot like everyone else.

"Hey." i whine, trying to get my arm out of his hold. Not to escape but I mean, I can walk by myself.

He grunts and shakes me slightly and I keep still. I roll my eyes as he escorts me to the 'East side'.

We enter a darker part of the building. It's quieter if that's even possible and colder here too.

I'm not shivering since I am wearing warm clothing. I'm nervous for what is to come. Everything here seems so unexpected.

We enter a different side of the mansion and down the dark corridor are many doors. They stand about 10 meters between each other. Six doors on each side of the corridor.

Then we walk through a door that the buff guy took some time to try and unlock.

Inside are what looks like cells? There are six. And all of them are occupied. Two of them are occupied by three girls. And the rest are occupied with one. Only one cell is unoccupied.

But it is now since buff guy thought it'd be nice to throw me in it. Literally. I let out a grunt and was about to shout at him about chivalry but he left.

Is this where I'm staying for the next three months?

The floor is dirty but at least he was kind enough to put a bed there. I take a seat on it and immediately groan in pain.

The 'bed' is rock freaking hard. My butt hurts.

I sit on it anyway and think of how my life took a turn for the worst.

________________________