26 - Say It [Edited✅]

"Benjamin?" I ask slowly.

He freezes. If it is him. He spins on his chair and when his cold grey eyes meet mine, a shiver of disgust runs through me.
"Poky?" he whispers.

"You two know each other?" Vincent stands between us.

"Y-yeah. I know him." I stutter as the lump forms in my throat and the familiar hatred in my heart. "He's the sadistic bastard who I trusted once. And then left his two friends who needed him at a crucial time."

"I left with good intentions." he says. It's good to hear Ben's voice again. But I hate him.

"Oh yeah? You could've helped. You have no idea what she went through that night. And then you disappeared. She waited for you Ben. She lied in that bed waiting for you. And I had to watch as she broke because you never came back." a sad sob escapes.

"It broke me as much as it broke her. When I came back you were gone."

"Came back? Were we just supposed to stay there and wait? She got raped Ben!" I shout at him. Strangled sobs escapes my mouth.

Ben's face pales. "And you weren't there." I continue, "You weren't there."

He steps forward to hug me but I push him away.

"You knew she loved you. You knew I loved you." I put my hand on my chest, "And yet," I point an accusing finger at him, "You left."

"I'm sorry Nikita." he says, emotionless.

I shake my head at him, "No you're not. No you're not." I turn around to run but he pulls me back.

My hand collides with his cheek and all hell freezes.

"Don't you dare touch me." is all I said before I ran.

I run as fast as I can. I don't care where just as long as I get away from there.

Then I stop. I try to breath but this lump is clogging up my throat. My vision blurs as the tears start rolling down my cheek. Every tear shed is a tear of unhappiness, taking all my emotion away.

I sit on what feels like a rock and cry in my hands.

Soon, I feel myself getting embraced. My head lays on a hard chest and the scent tells me that it's Eric.

"It hurts so much Eric." I sob and put my hand on my chest.

"What hurts love?" he asks gently. This is so embarrassing.

"My heart. How much more does it have to go through?" I cry.

That question bugs me every time someone hurts me.

"Lots and lots darling. But you have to make peace with it." he tells me. And I listen.

"But how? I want to hate him. I want to hurt him. But I can't."

"You have to start forgiving." he says. I sit up, looking into his gentle eyes, "You're taking his side?" I ask accusingly.

"No. I'm not taking anyone's side." he defends himself, "What I'm saying is that maybe you should listen to what he has to say. To why he supposedly left."

I nod sarcastically. Trust me, that's a thing, "And how would that change anything?"

"You'd be at peace with yourself. Talk to him." he stands up and stretches his hand out to me.

I think....

Then I take his hand. He pull me up and I fall onto his chest.

I wipe my tears away and run a hand through my hair. "Fine, I'll talk to him. But I'm not promising that he won't get a blue eye."