29 - Me [Edited✅]

***

Since my dad was in some kind of gang, he knew people. He had connections everywhere. And people loved him. I loved him.

But then he got taken away from me. And that thought and reality makes me angry.

I pull my white skinny jeans up furiously. I throw on my crop top then put on my sneakers.

Eric steps into the room while I'm tying my hair into a messy ponytail.

"Do you have to look so serious all the time?" I ask him, jokingly while trying my best to stay calm.

He scoffs and comes to sit next to me, "Do you have a problem with it?"

He takes the grip out of my hair, "Hey! I just tied that." I whine.

"It's nice when it's loose." he starts playing with a strand.

I try hard not to blush, getting back to the previous conversation, "Actually I do have a problem with it. You should try smiling more often. It makes the world brighter." I tell him, leaving my hair.

"My world is bright enough with you in it." did he just say that? My breath halts.

I just realised something. I've found my happy. And he sits right in front of me.

I smile at him and throw my arms around his neck, hugging him like my life depends on it.

But the moment always gets interrupted. By Vince, "OK Mr and Mrs. Let's go." my face turns red in the crook of his neck.

"I can feel you bushing."he says.

I 'tsk'. I stand up in embarrassment then walk to the door, without looking at him.

I punch Vince in the gut when I walk through the doorway. It's embarrassing.

I wait for them in the doorway and when they arrive we exit the hotel and enter into the smart cars.

It was quite nice driving in the vehicle.

When I see the sign above the parlour reading Me's Tattoo Parlour, I get excited. I haven't seen her in such a long time.

"We're actually getting this codes at a tattoo parlour?" Vince frowns.

"Will you just let me do the work?" Vince puts his hands up in defense.

I exhale then step into the parlour with Eric's hand in mine.

It's empty besides the guy at the counter. He's big and buff and has tattoos and piercings everywhere. He seems kinda scary. He looks up slowly.

He studies my face, "Can I help you?" he asks, forcing niceness.

"Yeah. I'm looking for Me." it sounds weird,yeah because I'm standing right here. But I'm actually referring to someone else.

The buff man goes to the back.

I turn around and face them, "Do not talk to her unless she talks to you. Or you will be cursed for life. Trust me."

"Yeah? You really expect me to do that?" I forgot Mr ego next to me won't can handle that task.

"Could you please hide your ego for a while? Please." I beg.

Just then, a lady steps into the room. Her birth name is Melissa. But she never liked it and it doesn't suit her so everyone calls her Me.

She's from Jamaica and she speaks slowly so it's kind of scary. Her thick, long, dark hair covers her eyes and it looks as if she's wearing rags. They're clean but they're still rags.

She steps forward and so do. She makes her way toward me. Then her rough hands touch my face gently.

She's studying me. Even though she can see who I am, she has her doubts. She sees deeper than what you show her.

"Nicolas." she speaks. The name brings back so many memories. Nicolas was my father.

"Me." I speak. She knows how much it hurts speaking about my father. She does it anyway.

"You want something." she steps back. I glance at Eric then turn back to her.

"Yeah." I nod.

"This is a tattoo parlour. No tattoo, no something." she says.

I curse under my breath. I don't want a tattoo. "Fine. I'll get a tattoo." I groan.

"You're not going to introduce me?" she asks, feigning offence.

She knows who they are, she saw us coming long ago. I don't tell them though, "This Eric, Vincent and of course, you remember Benjamin."

I gesture to them. They all nod in greeting.

I turn around and face Eric, he looks at me baffled, "I'm sorry. But this is the only way we'll get that codes. Are you guys waiting or leaving?" I ask Vince and Ben. They look at each other then look at me, "Leaving."

Then they're out of the door. I actually prefer having Eric here with me, not that I feel uncomfortable around Me. I just...want him here.

I go to sit on the bed while Eric stands from afar, scrutinizing Me.

"I see you've found love." She says.

"Not love, like." I argue back.

"Oh no Nicolas, there is no such thing as like. It's either love or lust." she says, preparing everything.

"..." I can't say anything  because I don't know what I feel for Eric.

"What tattoo?" she asks.

"Anyone, as long as I get one." I tell her.

She looks at me from behind her bangs and even though I can't see her eyes, I know what she's thinking. "Ah ah. No. Anyone but that one."

"Why?" she whines. Me can be a pain and scary but it's only with me that she carries a bit of humor.

"Because I'm nothing like them. Do something small. Like on my arm or back."

"Fine, bring your arm here." she sighs.

***

When Me fishes the beautiful guns and roses tattoo on my arm, which was very painful, I stand up. A glass behind a wall of roses is shattered by a bullet that obviously came from a gun. There's one on my stomach too. Hiding the scar. It's a butterfly. Flying away from all the others butterflies. Because its different. And no one liked that.

"How does it look?" I ask Eric who was surprisingly quiet this whole time.

"Beautiful. Oh and then there's the tattoo as well." he jokes.

I laugh, hitting him on his arm, "Get serious." I look at the tattoo on my arm in the floor length mirror. But my eyes catches something else.

It catches us. Eric stands behind me with his arms around my waist. We make a pretty good pair.

"Why do you look so glum?" he asks, snapping me out of lala land.

I shake my head, putting my hand on his arm, "Let's go get that codes."

When Me returns from the back, she speaks, "The tattoo is on the house. Now what do you want."

"Four codes. Some party is happening tomorrow evening and we need to be there. But they didn't give us an invite. Rather rude hey?" I explain.

"Very rude." she agrees sarcastically. "Who's party? Oh wait, let me guess, uncle Tom?"

I look away, rolling my eyes. Nothing gets past this woman, "Yeah. That snake."

"I'll get it for you. But don't do anything I would." she says.

"Since when do you sympathise?"

"Only for you. Else I'd be wishing your death. Good luck kiddo." the witch nods then disappears.

I turn to Eric, smirking in victory, "Now you have to take me with."

"I guess will then."

***