51 - I Love You [Edited✅]

***

I couldn't sleep a wink last night. All I could think about was the fact that I'm Carter's girlfriend!

So I stood up this morning and let him sleep. I am currently making waffles for breakfast. That's his favourite thing to eat for breakfast with the strongest coffee he has. I don't even think he puts sugar in it.

After I clean the waffle maker and plate our breakfast, I turn around, about to wake him up.

Instead I find myself walking straight into his already woken up ass.

"Good morning." he greets me.

"Morn-" I couldn't even finish the word before he pressed his lips to mine.

Not that I minded because I definitely didn't mind. At all. I kissed him back with just as much passion.

When he pulls away, he smiles, "Why didn't you wake me?" he asks.

I walk past him, taking a seat at the island, "Because I wanted to sleep and because I wanted to make you breakfast." I reply.

"Yes." he says, excitedly, looking at the waffles. It's like he worships them. "Thank you."

"So, what are you doing today?" I ask him, watching him eat.

He looks at me, "Umm, well I told you about the new restaurant I'm opening. Well, I'm going to take a look at the menu and do some last minute check ups. I want to open it soon." He says.

Carter found this abandoned building. It's pretty huge so he bought it and turned it into another one of his restaurants.

Surprisingly it's almost done. I'd imagined him to be busy with it still but he keeps on surprising me.

"What about you?" he asks.

I ponder over it. What am I going to do today?

"Besides being nervous about my test results that I'm getting tomorrow, I want to go visit some schools, to get an idea of what I'm about to do." I say.

"Hey," he puts his hand over mine, "You'll pass."

"One can only hope." I whisper.

°°°

After breakfast, Carter and I dressed ourselves.

I watch as Carter gets in his car, waving him goodbye.

"Shit." I hear him cuss.

Walling over to his car, I lean down, "What's the matter?" I ask.

He smiles sheepishly, "Could you go get the contract for me please. Its in a white envelope in the top drawer in our bed room."

I nod, "Sure."

I jog inside the house, and then to our room.

Top drawer. Top drawer.

I crouch down, opening the drawer, not seeing the envelope. All I find is a white cloth. I lift it. My eyes widen at what I'm stating at.

A gun.

I stand up, picking the heavy metal piece up. Fast foot steps make their way to the room.

Carter steps in with the envelope in his hands, barely panting.

He sighs, "Its not what you think it is."

"What I think it is, is a gun. It's looks like a gun and it's even as heavy as a gun." I say, almost upset that he lied to me. He told me that he was done with that mafia shit.