46 - Realistic [Edited✅]

***

"He what!?" Kate asks, more like screams.

She paces around the room, trying to let it all sink in.

"And you said yes right? Of course you said, you'd be absolutely stupid to say no. Yes?" she rambles.

"Yes." I confirm, smiling like crazy.

Why am I smiling? I shouldn't be smiling.

She squeals. "And you guys are going tonight?!"

I nod.

Her happy expression turns into a scowl, "And you're only telling me now?! A week after he asked you out!?"

Yes. It's been a week since Carter asked me out and I've been excited ever since.

Every other time we saw each other, I'd be all weird. With that feeling in my stomach.

I purse my lips, "Sorry. I really don't think it's anything huge. I told him that I don't want to be in any relationship."

She smiles deviantly. "Well then, let's get you prepped. You have to look stunning."

Oh I know that look. I stand up, "Please don't overdo it." I ask nicely.

"When do I ever overdo it?" she laughs, waving me off. Then she leads me to her dressing table.

She does my make up first. And then my hair.

"So where are you guys going?" she asks me.

I shrug, "Some restaurant, he said. And the 'second part' as he put it, is a surprise." I giggle, remembering his words.

"Look at you, going on as if you're falling in love already." she says.

I gasp, slapping her arm. I'm not going to fall for this ass.

Kate lays the dress out on the bed and then asks me to get dressed.

It's a dirty pink, short A line dress. The lace shimmers in the light. It stops just below mid-thigh. Kate made me put earrings on and she turned my hair into these wavy long strands.

With the nude coloured lipstick and light make up around the eyes, it didn't look like much effort was put into my face.

I just hope I look good enough. Soon enough a knock on the door stops Kate and I's conversation.

I look at the door in nervousness, standing up.

"Well, aren't you gonna go get it?" Kate asks me, shoving my shoulder slightly.

I shake my head, too nervous to answer.

Kate rushes past me to the door. Why the hell am I so nervous? It's not like I actually like him. I'm just getting this over with so that he'd stop asking me about it.

She opens the door and immediately, I smell him. It's a minty, musk scent which just makes my insides go wild.

I step forward. His amazing Hazel eyes happy to see me. I hope.

He smiles, showing his pearly white teeth. I smile back, "HI." I breath out.

"Hi." he greets back, smirking. "You look absolutely breath taking." he says in all sincerity, slowly touching every inch of my body with his eyes.

I stop breathing.

"Shall we?" he ask, putting his hand out for me to take.

Hesitantly, I take it. He leads my outside where I find the most beautiful car ever. It's most probably a sports car and most definitely his.