20 - Stupid [Edited✅]

Look at it. Isn't it beautiful? The way she winks at me and says goodbye. Promising me that she'll come back tomorrow.

Of course she will. I've come to depend that. But some people are meant to leave. She's not a person though. She's the sun.

I've always had the sun. I always will have the sun. Because she will always be here.

I wish I was the sun. I'd give people that warm fuzzy feeling when they step into my light. I'd be loved. I'd be depended on. And everyone would miss me and long for me to come back. No one would leave.

Like dad. Like mom.

But then again, I have Vincent. Maybe not Eric, but Vincent.

Speaking of Vincent, he barges into the room and smiles at me, "You're a genius, do you know that?"

I chuckle, "What makes you say that?"

"You solved our little problem that Eric won't ever find out about and I'm going to reward you." he steps forward and grabs my hands, pulling me off the bed.

"What? Vince, I am very fine in this room." I tell or rather beg him to leave me in the room. He doesn't listen.

"Oh, come on. You have to get out some time or the other." he pulls me harder which is easy since I'm like a stick.

"Why are you doing this anyway?" I groan.

"It's called cheering a friend up when she's down. Fuck Eric. Live a little. He will come back and everything will be alright." he tells me and he's right.

"We're friends now?" I ask jokingly trying to lighten the mood.

"Haha. Let's go." he rushes me.

"Fine, just let me put on something else." I sigh. He let's me go.

I go to Eric's closet and throw on a black hoodie and one of his sweatpants.

Its cold.

"You do know that it is summer right?" Vince kindly and non-sarcastically reminds me. Yes, non-sarcastically is a word because I just made it up.

"Oh shut up will you. It's storming outside." that is not true. It's only a little drizzle and the sun literally just set.

"Really?" he drags the -ly part and looks out the window, "Then I think I need to put something warm on too."

I roll my eyes at his mocking behaviour, "Funny." I remark sarcastically, "Are we going out or what?"

"Come on." he laughs at me and drags me out of the room.

I make sure to shut the door tight.

We walk down the corridor, descend the staircase, walk down another hundred corridors then descend another staircase. Then we walk into a section of the house I haven't been in before.

The kitchen.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Vince introduced me.

I frown at him with a smile, "The kitchen?"

"Take a seat darling, because we are going to party in this kitchen tonight." he sounds so excited that I laugh and decide to take a seat.

The kitchen is beautiful. Everything is white. It's empty too.

"Aren't there supposed to be maids or something?" I ask.

"Yeah. This is kind of Eric's personal kitchen. He has another one in another section of the house. There's about three maids working in this kitchen, Patricia being one of them. But it's the second day in the year that they have off. That's why the place is so deserted."