38 - Date [Edited✅]

***

Later that evening, at about 07:30, I'm standing in front of the floor length mirror in a dress that Eric bought for me. The price tag gave me a panic attack. Literally.

I'm nervous as well and I don't know why. Maybe I do.

It's a two piece dress. The top part is tight and lacy but breathable. The bottom part sits a bit lower than mid-thigh and is almost like a skater skirt only the fabric is more silky.

I'm wearing a pair of black stilettos. The night air is warm comparing to the cold wind that sat in the air earlier on today.

My hair is swept to one side. My lips, a dark but bold red colour, my eyes were lined with eyeliner and I even took the time to put black nail polish on my nails.

I go downstairs and meet Robert standing by the door, "How do I look?" I ask him, giving him a spin.

"Beautiful. I'm sure Mr Foster would be speechless." so formal.

I'm about to thank him but Vince always has to interrupt, "Obviously he's going to be speechless. You look smoking hot."

I roll my eyes and sigh, "Thank you Robert. And thank you too Vincent. So? Are we ready to go?" I ask.

"This way ma'am." Robert says.

"Good luck. And ditch the condoms, I want to have God children." Vince shouts just when I close the door.

I laugh at the comment. Robert opens the door for me and I climb in the car.

When we're on the road I speak to Robert.

"Robert I'm nervous. I'm a mere girl. And Eric, he's everything more." I say. My chest rises and falls heavily.

"And I'm a mere guard. Mr Foster hasn't ever felt this way before. When you had your operation done, he couldn't concentrate at all. All his focus was on you. He put everything on hold. For you. I really do think you've switched something in him." Robert tells me. It makes me smile at how much Eric cares. It makes my insides melt and my heart warm.

"Really?" I ask, with a blush.

"Don't tell him I told you. Well we're here." he suddenly says, switching the engine off. He gets out of the car and opens my door for me.

I get out with my hand in his. When I'm steady on the ground I take in my surroundings.

I am definitely in the city. In front of me is a red carpet, followed by the highest building I've ever seen.

"Welcome to Foster Oils." a voice whispers from next to me.

I jump out of my skin but exhale when I see Eric dressed in a two-piece black suite. He puts his hand out for me.

I take it, "This is your company?" I ask, with a smile, taking in everything.

"Yeah. You look...wow. You're beautiful, as always. But just, more beautiful." he says, suddenly sounding breathless.

"You too. I mean n-not beautiful but handsome. Yeah. Handsome." why am stuttering? A blush covers my face. I try hiding it in embarrassment.

He laughs and leads me inside, "Come on. It's time for our date."

I squeal in excitement. We step inside he's building and everything is just perfect, as expected. I mean it is Eric Foster's building.

There are a few people still here. We step into an elevator and up we go.

When it stops, we have to climb stairs,"Eric where are we going?" I laugh in nervousness.

"Just wait and see." he says, excitement in his voice.