47 - Not Afraid [Edited✅]

***

We left the restaurant an hour ago and we're still driving. Even though it was like after 10, he insisted that we do the second part of the date.

So I followed him out of the restaurant and into his car. We've been driving ever since.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" I ask him for the hundredth time.

"Yes darling I do." he says. I don't reply.

"Carter, about earlier on... I told you that I'm not ready for a new relationship." I say.

He sighs, "I know, because some other guy broke your heart and you're still not over him."

"It's not that." I butt in, "I feel like I am over him. I'm just not ready to step into something like that again."

He doesn't say anything. And after what felt like hours, he relies, "Because you're scared. You're scared that I'll treat you the same way."

I want to deny it but I can't. How do I even know Carter's not playing me? We just met.

"I am." I confirm.

Suddenly, I feel his familiar warm hand on mine. With his eyes still on the road, he speaks, "And its okay to be scared. But I'll never just leave you, especially not without telling you why. Okay?"

I don't do anything. He stops the car, shutting the engine down. He turns my face to his, "Okay?" he asks again.

I nod. He kisses my hand then smiles, "We're here."

He gets out of the car which gives me time to think. Carter is a really nice guy and I actually feel like I do like him. He's sweet and sensitive and caring.

He always considers my feelings and I love it when compliments me. Maybe I should give this a shot. For me.

He opens the door for me, putting his hand out for me to take. I take it.

When I look to the other side, all I see is flowers. Everywhere. It might sound boring but it was more beautiful than anything I've ever seen.

"Come on, I want to show you." he drags me close to the middle of the field where he lays a blanket.

We sit down together. He pushes me down further, so now we're laying down.

I look up at the sky. At the million stars staring down at me. And I think of what daddy told me. He's now a star and I hope he's smiling at me.

I feel a tug on my hand, making me look at the only person who could've done it.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing. I just wanted to look into your eyes." he says.

I blush, looking away, "You have got to stop throwing compliments at me."

"Why? You're not used to it?" he asks.

"No. You're the only person who has ever told me I'm beautiful thrice in one night." I say which is kind of sad.

He laughs it off, "Well I think every women should be complimented at least thrice a day but you, even more."

I look back into his eyes, smiling. I hold his hand tighter, making his face shine brighter with happiness, "Thank you." I say.

"For what?" he asks, intertwining our fingers this time.

"For everything. You've brought me back to life after the heartbreak." I explain, truly grateful to him.

Accidentally In Love |COMPLETED✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें