53 - View [Edited✅]

***

2 days later

I groan at the huge weight that just jumped on me.

"Guess what!?" she shouts.

I flutter my eyes open, "Go away Kate!" I grumble, trying to pull the covers over my head.

Kate and James slept over last night. Apparently they didn't want to sleep at their place for some strange reason that I don't want to know.

"You made the cover of the magazine!" she shouts excitedly.

I sit up fast, grabbing the magazine from her. And true enough, there I was.

It was a perfect shot. Carter and I were cutting the ribbon, he was standing behind me, both of us smiling.

Such a beautiful picture.

"Where's Carter? And James?" I asked.

"Carter is the one who showed me, he didn't want to wake you. And then they left, saying that they'll be back soon.

I nod in understanding, throwing the blankets off me."I'm going to shower."

Kate nods,singing, "My best friend made the cover of a magazine."

I roll my eyes, "My boyfriend made the cover of the magazine and I just happened to be next to him."

Kate groans as I switch the on, "Just accept the fact that you're now famous too. As Carter's girlfriend, you have a responsibility now." she says.

I step into the shower, and start to was myself, "What damn responsibility? I'm just a normal girl dating some rich guy whom I love very much. I don't care about his money or the fact that millions of people love him and his food. I care about the fact that I love him and his body." I finish of my speech.

"Well I'm glad to know that." the husky voice comes from outside the shower but inside the bathroom.

I shriek, taking a peek at who it was. Even though I'm familiar with that voice, I have to make sure.

I look at Carter, "How long have you been listening?"

He smirks, "Long enough to know how you really feel."

"Aww, you guys are so cute." Kate coos from outside the bathroom. "Have you fucked yet?" she suddenly asks.

My eyes widen, "Kate, shut up!"

All that follows is the sweet laughter of Carter and rambling of Kate.

After I finished up in the bathroom, I put on some leggings and a sweatshirt.

I exit the room and move to the kitchen where everyone else is.

"...going tonight?" Kate asks. Only, I didn't here the beginning of the sentence.

"Good morning everyone. What's happening tonight?" I ask, about to make me coffee.

"We are going on a double date." Carter answers me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist.

I raise my eyebrows, smiling, "Cool. Where're we going?"

"I don't want to go to one of my restaurants." Carter says.

"Then where? All the other places aren't as fancy and I want it to be special." James says. And that's literally the most I've heard him say.

"Because it's our first double date." Kate adds.

I sip from my coffee, shrugging, "It doesn't need to be fancy to be special." I say.

"It doesn't need to be fancy to be special." Carter repeats. I roll my eyes, "I'm not kidding. Before Carter built his restaurants, where'd you guys dine at?" I ask James since he's the one who wants to go to Carter's.