52 - Success [Edited✅]

Start from the beginning

"So, miss I'm Carter's girlfriend. What's with the glow on your face?" she asks me, standing away from the guys.

Every since I told her about Carter asking me to be his girlfriend, she wouldn't let it go even though she knew he was going to ask me.

I blush, thinking of last night,"I'm just happy, that's all." I say.

Carter and James makes their way to us. "You look great Nikki." James compliments me. He doesn't talk to me much.

"Thank you James." I say, smiling.

Kate greets me goodbye for now, then she leaves, taking a seat in the audience.

"Yeah you do." Carter says, pulling me closer.

I push him away slightly, "Carter, not in public."

He chuckles, "You're such a prude when we're not alone."

My mouth opens in shock, I hit his chest, "I really don't like you."

He smiles, looking into my eyes, "That's because you love me." he says.

I smile, "Yes I do."

"I love you too." He says, chasing me to the stage.

Mrs Harrison greets me, "I'm so proud of you Nikita."

I smile at her in thanks, "Thank you Mrs Harrison. I couldn't have gotten here without you."

"Aren't your parents coming?" she asks me. No one knows anything about my personal life.

My smile fades slowly, "No. They couldn't make it." I say.

Now that I think about it, the last time I saw mum was months ago. And she didn't even bother to contact me. Its kind of my fault too because I told her to stay away.

I sigh, looking at Kate, James and Carter. They make me happy now. Not Eric. Not mum.

°°°

At the last part of the ceremony, after some students gave their speeches, they starred handing out certificates.

Only, they didn't hand mine out yet and I was starting to get nervous when suddenly my eyes widen.

The most beautiful woman, dressed in a peach pencil skirt, white blouse and white stilettos walked in. Mum.

She sees me, and smiles, a tear falling down her cheek. She takes a seat right at the back. And I can't stop staring. A tear even falls down my face. She came.

How did she even know? I didn't tell her. I wipe my tear, when I realise that I'm on stage.

I clear my throat, waiting for them to call my name.

"And last but most definitely not least, graduating first in her class, Nikita Epson." the dean says.

My heart beats in excitedness. First!? A wide grin sports my face as I stand up, walking toward him.

I take the certificate from him, freezing for a picture.

Everyone applauds and I watch as they look at me proudly. I see mum standing. She's the only one standing, and applauding for me.

I smile, walking back to my seat.

"And now, one last round of applause for the class of 2019!" the dean shouts excitedly. We all stand throwing our hats up in the air. I always wanted to do that.

I climb off stage, looking for mum. But I don't find her. Either I just imagined her or she left.

I shake my head. I'm not going to let that spoil my mood. I find Kate, James and Carter.