51 - I Love You [Edited✅]

Start from the beginning

"Yes, it is a gun." he confirms.

"What are you doing with a gun?" I ask him.

He steps forward trying to touch me but instep back. "I have a permit for it. I just keep it for protection. I swear."

"Protection from who?" I ask, frowning.

"You can't just leave a gang and then live your life as if that part never happened, Nikita. You've got to watch your back for the rest of your life." he says, stepping forward to touch me.

I don't back up this time. He takes the gun from me, taking the magazine empty."It's not even loaded. "

"Oh." I say, looking down in guilt. I just jumped to conclusions.

"Hey," he lifts my chin up, "It's okay. I understand why you'd just jump to conclusions."

"Still," I put my hand over his, "I shouldn't have. And I'm sorry."

°°°

That night, when Carter got home, I was excited as hell.

And so was he.

"Guess what!?" we both shout simultaneously.

I laugh, "You first." I say.

He shakes his head, "No, you first."

I didn't even bother telling him he can go first because of how excited I was.

"I got an email from the university today. And guess what!? I passed!" I shouted excitedly. Why was I shouting?

Carter grins with me, "That's great!"

I laugh, "I know. And we're having our graduation tomorrow."

He loses his smile immediately, making me frown, "What's wrong?"

"T-tomorrow?" he asks. I nod,"Yeah. Why? What's wrong?"

He clears his throat, "Well that was my great news. My restaurant is opening tomorrow evening." he explains.

I smile, "Well that's great and convenient too because my graduation is in the morning."

He looks up at me, his eyes brightening again, "Really?"

I nod, "Yeah. I'm just getting my certificate. They're having this big thing outside the university. And you, are invited obviously."

He grins back at me kissing my lips, and my cheek and for headband my neck, "I absolutely love you, do you know that?"

I stop giggling when I processed what he just said.

He stops too when he processed what he said. His Hazel eyes meets mine. He opens his mouth then quickly closes it. I don't think he knows what to say.

But I do.

"I love you too." I whisper.

He looks at me, surprised. I'm surprised myself.

So I say it again, "I love you too." this time louder.

A smile grows on his face, "You do?"

"I do." I whisper. It sounds perfect on my tongue and I don't know why but I just imagined us getting married and me saying those two words.

°°°

So I went to bed so early because I have to be up early and I can't sleep a wink. I'm way too excited.

Carter is sleeping peacefully in our spoon position. I noticed that when we're not spooning, he takes really long to fall asleep. And by really long I mean hours.

I sigh, gently removing his arm from around me. I get up, not even bothering to put shoes on.

I crave something sweet. I scratch in the freezer looking for some ice-cream. And guess what, I found.

Unlike most people I really hate cookies and cream flavour. And unlike some people I really love rum and raisin.

I grab a spoon then sit my butt on the dining room table.

As I'm eating, I hear the footsteps of Carter coming closer. He must've woken up.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" he asks me, sleepily.

"I'm too excited," I shrug, putting a spoonful of ice-cream in my mouth. The room is dark. But the hallway light brings some light into my view.

"What do you have there?" he asks me, coming into my view and just as I was about to put the spoon in my mouth, my eyes catch something else that if rather eat.

His abs.

Causing the stupid spoon to fall out of my hand and the ice-cream that was on the spoon to fall on my chest.

I groan, now I'm going to be sticky.

I was about to wipe the ice cream up with my hand so that it doesn't slip down my belly any further. But Carter stops my hands.

I'm wearing a button up shirt. One of Carter's of course and the first few buttons just happens to be open showing most of my cleavage.

The look in Carter's eyes screams lustful.

I watch as he leans in closer. As soon as his lips touch my skin, I inhale a deep breath, bracing myself for the pleasure.

His tongue touching me is what makes me gasp.

He places chaste kisses all the way up to my neck, in the process, licking up all the ice cream.

My heart beats faster when he gets to my neck. I moan when he hits my sweet spot.

His sucking, nibble and licking gives me shivers. He continues his journey of kissing up my neck and to my jawline.

He stops stating into my eyes. And I know what he's asking me for. I nod slightly and just after that, he attacks my lips, lowering his hands from my waist to my hips and once I feel them at my ass, I know I should jump.

He walks to I don't even know where because I'm occupied with kissing him.

My back hits the wall and weirdly enough, it kind of turned me on. Not my back hitting the wall, the way he's so aggressive but gentle at the same time.

He lifts me again, making his way to the bedroom and I know because I felt the softness of the bed below me.

You definitely know what came next...

***