Chapter 67

Ella laid back on the couch, watching as Brendon paced around the living room. "I've been waiting to tell you all of this for later, but I figured that you wanted answers now."

Ella nodded, crossing her arms as she began to grow impatient. "I want the full truth. I don't want stupid excuses for whatever you've done in the past, Brendon. I just want to know why you did what you did."

Brendon stopped pacing, then ran a hand through his hair as he began to think of how he could tell her all the bad things he's done. 

Once he had composed himself, Brendon took a deep breath and let it all out. "I killed because I wanted all the obstacles out of the way. I wanted our relationship to happen one way or another and if someone got in the way, I would probably rip them to shreds."

Brendon gulped, then looked down at the floor. "I fell in love with you. I'm obsessed and if another man were to look at you, I just wouldn't know what I would do."

Ella took a deep breath in, then looked into Brendon's broken eyes. " But, you didn't have to kill the ones I loved, Bren. We could've just talked all of this out."

Brendon nodded, running another hand through his hair. "I understand that now. I just knew that your dad wasn't very approving of me and I knew he wouldn't let you and me be a thing."

Ella stood up, uncrossing her arms. "Still. It's too late to go back and bring them back to life. The damage has already been done and honestly, I did love you."

Brendon's heart began to beat faster. He held his breath, waiting for something to signal him to make a move. "And, I realized that you're insane. You're no good for me and we can't work out."

Brendon's heart shattered and he felt his face drop. He wasn't going to let her go that easily, though. "I understand that you feel that way. I completely understand that."

Ella cocked a brow, looking at him with uncertainty. "Brendon, I know damn well that you don't understand. All the other times I said that you-" 

Brendon was now towering over her, a serious look plastered on his face. "Stay quiet for me, baby." Before she could even question it, Ella felt his hand go around her throat.

She began to gasp for air as little purple dots filled her vision. Ella felt tears come out of her eyes and she realized that she was going to die just like her father.

Her legs soon gave out and she fell to the floor, losing consciousness.