Chapter 28

Brendon paced around Ella's living room, his hands behind his back. "So, you really thought that it'd be fine to leave? You weren't going to tell me either, which only makes this worse."

Ella sat on the couch, looking down at her feet. She was afraid to make eye contact with Brendon. His eyes said it all. He was pissed.

"You drive me in-fucking-sane, Ella! You can't just decide to leave me all alone randomly. Fuck, I love you too much."

Spencer looked up at Brendon, noticing all the stress and hate coming out of him with his words. He would be the one to know how much Brendon loved her. He was there when Brendon came up with the plan to get her back.

"Brendon, I-I was going to say something to you. Not to mention, you don't own me." Brendon's head snapped to the side, his eyes glaring daggers into hers.

"When the hell were you going to tell me, then?!" Ella took a deep breath in, glancing up at Spencer for a second.

"I was going to tell you when I had already left." Brendon closed his eyes, breathing in heavily. Spencer stood up, getting ready for the possible outburst that was about to happen.

When Brendon opened his eyes, there was a different emotion there, but Ella couldn't tell what it was. "Ella, I've told you this once before, and I'm not gonna let you forget what I said."

He moved in closer, bending down to be even with Ella. "I love you and you can't get rid of me no matter how hard you try."

Ella bit her lip, causing Brendon to go crazy. Oh, how he wanted her. He wanted her bad, but he had control.

As Brendon went to stand up, Ella stopped him. "I don't think you love me, Brendon." He furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at her.

"I think you're absolutely obsessed with me." He pursed his lips, nodding. 

"Maybe I am, but I'm glad you've pretty much come to terms with it." Ella shook her head, sighing.

"I never said that I have come to term-" Brendon placed his lips on hers, immediately causing her to stop talking.

As the kiss deepened, Ella found herself not pulling away. Brendon smirked, pushing her back against the couch.

His body hovered over hers and Spencer began to grow uncomfortable with what was happening. "Uh, Brendon."

Brendon groaned, breaking the kiss to look at Spencer. "What? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?"

Spencer rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I can see that, but there's something that you need to know."

He looked past Brendon, his eyes burning into Ella's. Brendon followed his gaze, looking at her. Ella began to twiddle her thumbs, not wanting to be the center of attention.

"Brendon, I uh...I already got accepted into the other college. I'll be finishing my second year there."

Brendon pursed his lips, crossing his arms over his chest. "What college?" Ella took a deep breath, then slowly breathed out.

"University of Wisconsin-Madison." Brendon nodded, clenching his jaw.

"Well, I hope that you continue on with your dream, sweetheart. Also, this isn't over. We're going to be together no matter what. I'll come for you, Ella, and you won't know when."