Chapter 46

"So, I feel like I should be able to do something about all this, Luke. I feel like I'm lost and that I'm losing everything piece by piece."

Luke slowly nodded, barely moving his head due to the burns. Over the time Brendon had been there, he began to realize that Brendon was back at it again with his psychotic ideas.

Luke wasn't going to tell him, though. He was going to sit and listen to his little rant, then act like he was ok with Brendon.

"That's a lot of information I just put on you, but I had to tell someone." Brendon stood up, straightening out his jacket. "I better get going. I hope you feel better soon."

Luke smiled, then watched as he began to make his way over to the door. He eyes were glued to the back of his jacket. There was a patch of some sort of powder on the back of it.

It wasn't cocaine white and it wasn't pepper black either. Luke furrowed his eyebrows, then tried his best to get a better look at it. It didn't take too long to realize that the powder substance was obviously ash.

He sighed, closing his eyes, wishing he could warn Ella that he was back at it again.

~~~~~~~~

Ella took a deep breath, heading into the headmaster's office. She had just been called out of class and she was already hating it. She could just imagine all the work she would have to make up.

After getting approval from the secretary to go in, Ella knocked on the door twice, then opened it. "Hello, Ms. Knight. Please, have a seat."

Ella's hands were shaking, nervous about the whole meeting that was to come. It didn't help that the office was huge. "So, I called you in here to talk about your major and academics."

Ella nodded, blowing a raspberry. "As you know, you've been with us for just a few short months and your record at Michigan State have been moved over here."

Ella bit her nails, nodding her head, causing the headmaster to laugh. "Don't be nervous, Ms. Knight. In fact, I wanted to talk to you about how you can graduate within the next year. I've never seen anyone more engaged in any class like you."

Ella furrowed her eyebrows. "How can I graduate within a year? I have to complete all the common core classes. Not to mention, I need to take at least three years of journalism."

The headmaster shook her head, smiling. "You would, but since you've taken some journalism in junior high, its not required. Now, I would also encourage you to join this program."

She dug in the drawer of her desk, pulling out a pamphlet. "This is a journalism program that takes place in Chicago next month. I think that it will boost your skills and give you more experience."

Ella took the pamphlet, beginning to look through it. "I'll look into it, Dr. Anderson." She smiled, then nodded, dismissing Ella.

"Have a nice night, Ella. Oh, and well wishes to your dad."