Chapter 55

Brendon clenched his jaw, watching as Ella walked down the hall, then disappear into her room. He rolled his eyes, then grabbed a pillow from the love seat and threw it on the couch he was going to sleep on.

Brendon began to looked around for a blanket and when he didn't find one, he smirked. The plan forming in his head would work perfectly and Ella wouldn't be able to get out of what he was thinking.

Brendon walked down the hall, then stood in front of Ella's bedroom door. He waited a moment, then knocked, hearing some shuffling coming from the other side of the door.

The door soon opened, revealing Ella in her sleepwear. Brendon eyed her, but brought his attention back to her face when he heard her clear her throat.

"What do you want know?" Brendon scoffed, leaning up against the door frame. "Why are you upset with me, doll? You were the one that started the sexy time thing."

Ella pursed her lips, crossing her arms over her chest. "Ok, so why are you not on the couch sleeping?" Brendon chuckled, standing up straight.

"There aren't any blankets out there and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get cold during the night." Ella sighed, then walked over to her closet, searching for a blanket.

While she did this, Brendon walked in the room with his hands clasped behind his back. He looked through some of her pictures that involved her friends, a smile playing at his lips.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Brendon turned his attention to Ella, who was fuming, holding a neatly folded blanket in her arms.

"I was just looking, doll. That's all." Ella slowly nodded, then huffed. "Whatever you say. Here's your blanket. Now get out."

Brendon grabbed the blanket, then inspected it, a dissatisfied look on his face. "I'm sorry, but this is too small. I'm a large man." He winked, making Ella roll her eyes.

"Well, that's the only blanket I have at the moment that's a spare. So, you're either going to deal with it or freeze." Brendon's eyes flickered over to her bed, a smirk on his lips.

"Wait a minute." Ella stood still, watching as Brendon walked over to her bed. Her jaw dropped when she watched him climb in the bed, then place his arms behind his head.

"This is much better. Are you coming or not? I've had a long night and I don't think I'll wait any longer." Ella smiled, trying to hide her anger.

"Nope. I'll sleep on the couch. May I have the blanket?" Brendon looked down at the blanket she had handed him a couple seconds ago, then shook his head.

"No. In fact, you can just join me or freeze on the couch." Ella bit her lip, then began to walk over to the other side of the bed. 

"Have I told you that I hate you a lot?" Brendon chuckled, turning off the light.

"You can tell me as many times as you would like, but I would only think of your statement as your way of saying 'I love you' to me."