Chapter 39

Luke looked at both Brendon and Ella, his anger rising every time he made eye contact with Brendon. "What the hell are you doing in my house?! I thought you were in prison?!"

Brendon looked at Ella, who looked like she was about to cry. He cleared his throat, then looked at Luke. "I was in prison, but I was bailed out." Ella froze up when he said that he was bailed out.

She remembered what he professor said about how he was on the run. Luke walked up to Brendon, pointing to the door. "I want you out of here right now. If you're not gone within the next four seconds, I'll have the police here in no time."

Karen gasped, grasping onto Luke's arm. "Honey, please calm down. He wasn't harming Ella in any way. She's fine."

He rolled his eyes, his attention going back to Brendon. "Get out! I told you that I never wanted to see you ever again, yet you show up here."

Brendon put his head down in defeat, then began to walk out. Ella watched him make his way to the door, her heart aching. She closed her eyes, then sighed.

"Wait." Brendon stopped walking, turning around t face her. Luke still seemed impatient, but listened. "I-I invited him here. I knew that prison would change him into a better man a-and I'm sorry I didn't tell you before you left."

Luke raised a brow, but looked at Brendon, who he thought was still the murdering psychopath he once knew. The longer he looked at Brendon, the more he saw that he wasn't the threat he used to be.

He sighed, then turned to Karen. "I'll meet you in the kitchen, hun. I have something to discuss with these two." Karen nodded, leaving the three of them alone.

"Listen, Ella. I know that he may seem like he has changed, but you can't just forget what he has done to our family." She nodded, looking at Brendon.

Ella could see that something was up with him. Behind his eyes, she could see this hatred towards her father.

Luke turned to Brendon, rolling his eyes. "You know I don't like you, right?" Brendon nodded, clenching his jaw as he thought about the right angle to stab the knife into Luke's heart.

"Well, walking into you and my daughter kissing is just...shocking. I thought you left us behind when you were sent to prison."

Brendon chuckled. "I'm in love with your daughter, sir, but I know now of how you feel about me. I won't waste my time, so I guess I'll just be leaving."

He gave Luke a curt nod, then winked at Ella. As Brendon walked out of the house, he chuckled to himself. "It looks like its his turn to take his place in my dollhouse."