𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆 𝗈𝗇

Nathalie Hummel was late for glee club

No shocks at that.

Coach Sue desperately needed help for a brand-new routine and, since she's considered one of the best dancers of that school, Nathalie stayed to help.

Finally entering the choir room, Nathalie scanned the room and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion to the blonde man, who was making, not only Mr. Schue, but everyone uncomfortable.

The girl sat down next Quinn and kissed the her cheek, "who is he? And have I missed something?"

"No idea," the blonde shook her head and let Nathalie rest her head on her shoulder, "we've been waiting for you in this uncomfortable silence."

"Okay, guys, listen up," the teacher clapped his hands and got everyone's attention, "this is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board and he would like to say a few words," Mr. Schue looked at the man nervously, "I-I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions."

"This can't be good..." Nathalie heard her sister mumble to Tina, and the Asian girl agreed.

"Take out a piece of paper. And on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself." Mr. Ryan instructed, and everyone did what was asked.

Nathalie got out a piece of paper and started thinking of what to write. She always wanted to be on Broadway, but also to star in movies, and be a music artist. Can she do all three? Maybe. With hard work and motivation.

She could totally do that.

As Nathalie finished writing her dream, she watched Mr. Ryan went over to Artie and crumpled up his paper, "your dream is never going to happen." Mr. Ryan said bluntly, and Artie looked sadly at it, "ninety-one percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to 'work for a mid-market health insurance provider' or 'find an entry-level job in an elderly care facility', you're going to be very disappointed."

"Oh, wow," Bea rolled her eyes in annoyance, "this shit is so depressing."

The man didn't care.

"I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve 'showbiz.' Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all." Mr. Ryan said.

"But..." everyone looked to see it was Tina who spoke, "that's what I want to do with my life,"

Nathalie's heart broke when she saw Tina looking down sadly, really demoralized.

"Oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to spare you disappointment." Mr. Ryan explained.

Nathalie scoffed loudly, "the audacity of this bitch." she whispered to Quinn, making the blonde laugh.