You Are The Reason

Start from the beginning

***

"There you are" a voice called to the raven haired girl as she reached her destination after jumping out her bedroom window to escape Gale.

Her green eyes met a pair of light blue and she smiled before calling out, "here I am!" She met up with the boy and he pulled her into a kiss before releasing her and studying her outfit.

"I like this" he smirked tugging at the spaghetti strap on her shoulder making it to snap against her skin and causing her to flinch.

"Thanks" she breathed before grabbing his hand and entangling their fingers. "Where's everyone else" she quizzed when she noticed none of their other friends were around them as they walked down the empty street.

"They're already at Landon's waiting on us" he answered back causing her to tighten her hold on his hand.

  "Landon" she spat with a tone of disgust causing the boy to abruptly stop and face her. Landon Michael was the little shit that told her that her mother leaving was her fault and she ended up putting him in the hospital. She let out a gasp when her boyfriends fingers wrapped around her jaw and harshly forced her to look at him.

  "Yes Landon" he hissed in her face and his hold tightened. "Is there a problem with that?"

  Nixie's hand reached up and she desperately tried to loosen his hold from her face but was unsuccessful seeing how he was older and stronger. "Alex, you're hurting me" she winced and tears began filling her eyes from the pain he was causing.

  "That's the point Nixie" he whispered in her ear, "you need to be put in your place when you misbehave. Now answer me, is there a problem?"

  "No" she cried, "no there's no problem, please Alex!"

  Alex allowed her to pull her head back before softly wiping the tears that were escaping. "See? That wasn't so hard baby, c'mon Landon's waiting on us."

  She held in her sniffles when he grabbed her hand again and pulled her along, suddenly regretting leaving Gale at home.

***

  Nixie ran past the vampires in the living room and busted into the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind her. She was halfway across the room before she felt something climbing up her throat and she dropped in front of the toilet and started retching. After dry heaving for a minute the liquid forced itself out and she watched as the blood poured out of her mouth.

  Letting out a small cry when she was finally done, the protectress fell back against the bathtub and curled into herself. She was broken out of her state when a soft knock echoed from the door.

  "Nixie" Rosalie's soft voice sounded from the other side, "can I come in?"

  Hastily sitting up, Nixie flushed the blood before calling out for her to come in.

  Rose opened the door and peaked her head in, once she saw Nixie sitting on the floor she stepped all the way in and closed the door behind her. "Hey" she soothed her friend, "you okay?"

  Nixie could feel the familiar sting of tears and felt herself become frustrated at how easy it was to make her cry lately. This was Rose though, so without holding back Nixie bursted into sobs and the vampire rushed to her side and pulled her to her.