Chapter 32 - Missing Daughter

ANNA

"How hard is it to look after the princess?! Go back out there and find her!" Caspian yells at the Telmarine guards and they all leave.

"Where could she be?" I ask myself as William tries to comfort me, but it was not working. Liliandil walks towards me and I did not want to hear anything from her. "Anna, I think you should--"

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, I don't want to hear anything right now, especially from you," I exclaim. "Anna, what are you saying?" Caspian says.

"Aunt Anna, why are you talking to Mother like that?" Rilian asks me.

"Because I am very sure that Ayla heard her."

"Heard her?" William asks.

"Yes. Liliandil came to my room and told me that I did not make a good choice by agreeing to meet our enemy's son and the one who my Ayla is in love with. She went on about how I didn't raise my children. I am very sure that Ayla heard Liliandil talking to me and she decided to run away and who knows if she will come back."

I went off on her and I did not care. My daughter ran off and I have to find her. "My poor Ayla, where could she be?" I sit down crying and William hugs me.

"Nothing will happen to her, Mother. We will find her. I promise," William reassures me.

"Liliandil, how could you say those things to Anna? She raised her twins very nicely, but with difficulty. I also took care of her twins as well since Peter is not here and he will never come back. You always complained about me giving a lot of attention to William and Ayla and not to Rilian, right? It's because William and Ayla's father is not here in Narnia. He's in a different world and he will never come back. I am their father. Whatever they wanted, I got it for them. I was hoping to expect that from you, but you had Ayla run away!" Caspian raises his voice at Liliandil.

"Caspian, calm down. She did make a mistake, but she's your wife. You shouldn't talk to her like that," I tell him.

"And what about what she did to the family? What about that?" Caspian asks me. "Now I see where your loyalty lies. You---"

"Anna!" Adrian comes running inside. "Adrian! Did you find Ayla?" I ask him quickly.

"No we didn't. But we found something in her room. It's a note." He holds up a note in his hand. "It's for you."

I take the note from his hand and unfold it to read it.

Mother,

By the time you read this note, I'll be gone. I am sorry, but I am leaving home to be with Felix and I do not know for how long I will be gone. But please Mother, do not come looking for me. I will be fine. Felix and I love each other and he will take care of me. Do not worry about me, Mother.

Love,

Ayla

"She left to be with Felix forever and she doesn't want me to go looking for her," I say out loud. "Even though she said that, we have to look for her," William says.

"Of course and we will. I know my daughter is in love with Felix, but she should not have taken the risk of leaving home. Who knows what Felix's mother will do to her?" I say in a one breath.

"Anna, don't worry. We will find her at any cost," Caspian reassures me. "Your Majesty." I look to the doorway and see Drinian and he bows in front of us. "Drinian, have you found her yet?"

"Unfortunately not, your Majesty. But we have already sent our spies to the enemy's kingdom. Maybe she has been seen there."

"I doubt that. She would not enter into the belly of the beast......unless it's a plan." It hits me. Maybe falling in love is definitely not the plan, but her going to the enemy's kingdom, what if that is part of the plan? "Drinian, let me know what the spies say."