Chapter 25 - Goldwater and Dragon Encounter

ANNA

Caspian tells Adrian what happened and since that night, Adrian has been taking care of me and I keep wondering to myself if that was my test. But how can I get a test through a dream and it just disappeared? It didn't make any sense to me.

"Anna, are you feeling any better?" I look up and see Lucy, standing next to me while I was lost looking over the water. "Caspian said that you have been having some nightmares."

"Oh yes...but I'm alright now."

"What were the nightmares about?" She asks me. I remember Caspian and Adrian's words. "Peter.......dying....."

"Oh Anna." She hugs me and rubs my back to soothe me. "I understand why you were disturbed those nightmares. Don't worry, nothing will ever happen to Peter," She tells me.

She separates herself and looks at me. "Peter is fine, don't worry, ok?" I nod at her and she leaves to go back inside. Adrian walks up to me. "Are you alright?"

"How can I be alright when I'm lying to my own family?" I tell him. "Anna, I know this is hard for you, but its for the best, and you and I both know that. Also---"

"Land ho!"

Our crew member shouts, Adrian immediately leaves and goes up behind the wheel, and Caspian and Drinian had already reached there. It was good that we found land because we were running short on supply of food and the crew was getting hungry. 

Caspian, Edmund, Adrian, Eustace, Emma, Lucy and I were on one long boat and Reepicheep, Gael, Rhince, Drinian were on another boat.

"I doubt the Lords stopped here, my liege. There's no sign of anything living here," Reepicheep tells Caspian.

"Right. Well, once we get ashore, take your men and look for food and water. The six of us will look for clues," Caspian explains the plan to Reepicheep.

"Hang on. You mean the seven of us," Eustace says and we all look at him in confusion. "Come on. Please don't send me back to that rat."

"I heard that," Reepicheep comments and everyone chuckles. "Big ears," Eustace mutters. "I heard that too." We couldn't keep our laughs inside.

We reach shore, but it looked barren. There were no trees and there was only rocks. We keep looking around to see if we could find anything until we stop at a rocky area of the land. A rope was tied around the rocks and it led down into a cavern or cave below the rocks. 

"We're not the first ones on this island," Caspian shows us. "The Lords?" Edmund guesses.

Caspian tosses a small rock down the crevice. "Could be. What do you think could be down there?" I ask.

"Let's find out," Emma says, grabs the rope and starts going down.

Caspian follows her down and Adrian has me go down before him. By the time, I reach down here, I see a gold statue in the water. "What's that?" I ask.

"I don't know. It looks like some sort of gold statue," Edmund replies.

Edmund pulls a branch off a rocky wall and dips it in water. As soon as Edmund enters the branch in the water, it slowly turns to gold and out of fear and weight of the stick, Edmund drops stick into the water and the stick turns to gold.

"He must've fallen in," Caspian observes the statue. "Poor man," Lucy comments.

"You mean 'poor Lord'," Edmund points at the shield.

"The crest of Lord Restimar," Caspian recognizes him. "Great. We got two Lords," I add. "And his sword," Edmund points at the sword in the water.

"We need it," Adrian unsheathe his sword. "Be careful," Emma tells Adrian.