Chapter 19 - We're Not Coming Back

ANNA

Father gives an order to have an assembly with everyone in the kingdom, including the kings and queens. One of my maids put me into a beautiful white gown with a cape that covers my shoulders and arms.

As I was on my way to the assembly, I meet with Caspian, Peter and his siblings, Father, Mother and Adrian

As I was on my way to the assembly, I meet with Caspian, Peter and his siblings, Father, Mother and Adrian. Father and Mother were next to each other, Adrian was next to Mother and I was walking beside Father. "Have you made your decision?" Father asks me.

"Yes, Father." He looks at me and I look back at him.

We reach the platform where the huge tree is at and all the Telmarines and Narnians were all together. I stand with my parents and Adrian while the siblings stand with each other on the other side. 

Caspian walks forward to address the citizens. "Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace, are welcome to. But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers."

"Its been generations since we left Telmar," one Telmarine citizen says.

"We're not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were seafaring brigands; pirates run about on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them from their world; the same world as our kings and queens. It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wishes to make a new start," Father tells to all.

The citizens whisper among themselves, wondering who will accept Father's offer. "I will go." I look ahead, everyone turns around and see General Glozelle. "I will accept the offer."

Caspian bows to him and General Glozelle walks forward. "So will we." Prunaprismia, her baby son and her father comes forward and follow behind General Glozelle. "Because you have spoken first, your future will be good."

Father breathes slightly on them and looks towards the huge tree behind us and the tree untwists itself, making a gap in the middle big enough for a person to walk through.

Father motions for them to walk through it and General, Prunaprismia, her son and father walk to the gap and once they walk within the gap, they disappear and everyone gasps out of shock.

"It's a trap!" Someone shouts. "How do we know that he's not leading us to our deaths?!" A man shouts.

Reepicheep walk forward. "Sire, If my example can be of any service, I will take 11 mice through it with no delay." How nice and thoughtful of him, only to prove that Father is not wrong.

Father looks up from Reepicheep and at the Pevensie siblings. "We'll go," Peter announces. "We will?" Edmund asks.

"Come on. Time's up," Peter tells him. I don't look at him as I know that this will be difficult for the both of us. I see footsteps and he walks toward where Caspian is standing. "After all, we're not really needed anymore." I finally look up and see him unsheathe his sword and give it to Caspian. Caspian takes the sword in his hand.