Chapter 3 - Meet the Beavers

"Lu? Em?" Peter says quietly as we all stand in front of the broken door of Tumnus's home.

Emma gasps and both her and Lucy run towards the home while the rest of us follow behind. We stop in our tracks and slowly walk in as we see broken pieces of glass on the floor and some of the furniture was either broken or thrown all over.

"Who would do something like this?" Emma says out loud.

I hear a crack sound and see that Edmund accidentally steps on a picture frame. A picture of Tumnus's father. Everyone gives him a glare as he wasn't looking where he was going.

"Look." I point to a paper that was pinned to the wooden pole of the house. Peter takes it off and reads aloud, "The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen."

"That Witch kidnapped Tumnus?" I say to myself.

"Who's Jadis? And who's Maugrim?" Edmund asks. 

"Jadis is the White Witch. She calls her the Queen of Narnia but she really isn't. Maugrim is the Captain of the Secret Police and also a Narnian wolf," I explain.

"Now we really should go back," Susan says. 

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy cries out. 

"He was just arrested for being with humans, I don't think there's much we can do," Susan tells her.

"You don't understand, do you? Lucy and I were the humans. She must've found out he helped us," Emma pleads.

"Maybe we could call the police," Peter suggests, trying to help. 

"These are the police," Susan shows the writing on the note. 

"Lu, Em, don't worry. We'll think of something," Peter reassures his sisters.

"Why?" Edmund says and we all turned to look at him. "I mean he's a criminal."

"No, he's not. He is one of the nicest fauns I have ever met. Tumnus had a choice to turn Emma and Lucy in, but he didn't. If your sisters are alive and standing with us right now, it's because of Tumnus. And fraternizing with humans is not even a crime in Narnia, so why would it all of a sudden be a crime?" I say and Edmund scoffs.

"It looks like you and Tumnus were close, closer than friends," Peter tells me and I nod. "Yes, he was like a brother to me."

After I said that, I notice Peter let go of the breath that he was holding. "Psst." We all hear a bird say to us and then fly away. We looked at each other with confused looks. "Did that bird just 'psst' us?" Susan asks us.

While he grabs my hand, Peter walks out of the house and the rest follow behind us and we all watch as the bird flies away. But after that, we hear a twig snap from the right and look towards the sound, but there was nothing there. Peter was in front and I was behind him, then Susan, Emma, Lucy, and Edmund. That same sound came from the left and we look towards it, but nothing was there either.

Then we look straight as the sound came from that direction. I now had wished that I had my weapons with me but ever since I was sent to the human world, not only did my father take away my ability to transform into a lioness just by thinking of my form, he also took my weapons with him.

Because I was standing behind Peter, I immediately grab his hand and he squeezes back. Susan has her hand on my shoulder and Lucy was holding onto Susan. Edmund was behind Lucy but only by a couple of feet. Then a beaver appears from behind some snow.