Chapter 12 - Meeting the Others

ANNA

I keep looking back in the room to see if Caspian had woken up but he was still unconscious. "He will be fine, your Majesty," Trufflehunter reassures me.

"Your Majesty? And her? I don't think she deserves it," Nikabrik scoffs. Anger boils inside of me and I would expect this behavior from a follower of the White Witch.

"Nikabrik, that's not how you---"

"I knew that the surviving Narnians fled and you all wouldn't be alive if I had told them that you all fled," I retort and he sits in silence. 

"Would you like to change your clothes, your Majesty?" Trufflehunter asks me. "No, it's alright."

"Ugh! This bread is so stale!" Nikabrik tried to bite into the bread. 

"What should I give him when he wakes up?" I ask.

"I'll just give him some soup. He should be coming around soon," Trufflehunter says.

"Well I don't think I hit him hard enough," Nikabrik says and I really want to grab my sword and just run it through him.

"Nikabrik, he's just a boy!" Trufflehunter exclaims. 

"He's a Telmarine, not some lost puppy! And I thought you said you were going to get rid of him!" Nikabrik exclaims.

"No, I said that I will take care of him," Trufflehunter emphasizes on care and continues, "We can't kill him now. It would be like murdering a guest."

"Oh? And how do you think his friends were treating their guests? Look what they did to her?" Nikabrik points his hand at me as my long white top was somewhat tattered, dirty, but the Telmarine armor covered it. On the orders of Lord Miraz, the Telmarine soldiers destroyed my Narnian armor, so I had no choice but to wear the Telmarine armor.

"Trumpkin knew what he was doing. It's not the boy's fault," Trufflehunter says.

All of a sudden, Caspian comes around the corner and tries to get to the door, but he startles Trufflehunter which makes him drop the bowl of soup and didn't make it. Nikabrik stands up and draws his sword causing Caspian to back up. Caspian takes the fire poker that was near the fireplace and defends himself as Nikabrik swings at him.

"Please leave him alone!" I get up from the chair. 

"I told you that we should've killed him when we had the chance," Nikabrik scowls at Caspian.

"You know we can't!" Trufflehunter shouts at Nikabrik. 

"If we're taking a vote, I'm with him," Caspian says.

"Well, we can't let him go. He's seen us," Nikabrik keeps swinging at Caspian. "He won't do anything," I argue.

Caspian continues to defend himself till he falls back and sits on the stairs. "Enough, Nikabrik! Or do I have to sit on your head again!" Trufflehunter yells at Nikabrik and he goes back. "And you?" Trufflehunter shifts his gaze to Caspian. "Look what you made me do?! I spent half the morning on that soup," Trufflehunter mumbles to himself as he was cleaning up the mess.

"What are you?" Caspian asks.

"Hmm....you know, it's funny you would ask that. You'd think more people would know a badger when they see one," Trufflehunter replies.

"No. No, I mean.....you're Narnians. You're supposed to be extinct," Caspian shifts his gaze to Nikabrik. 

"Oh....sorry to disappoint you." Nikabrik put his sword down. Trufflehunter comes back with a bowl of soup and places it on the table.