Chapter 14 - Raid On The Castle

Anna

It was dark and I could see only miniature things while we were flying in the air, thanks to the griffins. From a distance, I see two griffins flying Edmund and Emma in and they land on a tower and Edmund and Emma get out of the griffin's hold and the guard beneath didn't see them.

The griffin quickly snatches the guard with its claws and Edmund and Emma jump down and land on the floor of the tower. While Emma stood by his side, Edmund takes out his torch and starts clicking it on and off. "That's our signal," Peter says.

The griffins still had a hold on all of us and we stealthily flew in above the castle, following the light from the torch. As we get closer to the castle, Peter nods to Caspian and the griffin who was holding Caspian flew ahead of us. Caspian draws out his sword, the griffin swoops lower and lashes his sword, killing a guard and the guard fell over. The griffin put its tight hold back on Caspian and flew up higher along with us.

Edmund was still giving us a signal where to go and a guard sees him from below. The guard aims his crossbow at Edmund and Emma, but Susan shoots an arrow at the guard and he was killed. The griffins had us land gently on the castle wall and another guard came over, but Peter gets rid of him.

We all follow Caspian to the ridge and he takes a long piece of rope and ties it to a small pillar. He goes down the rope first and lands in front of a window. Caspian knocks on the window and whispers, "Professor."

There was no answer. We all follow after Caspian and he opens the window and we all entered. The room was a mess. There were books everywhere on the floor and some of the shelves were broken. Caspian picks up a small pair of glasses that were resting on the desk and he looks at me with fear in his eyes.

"You don't think......" I trail off, wondering what could've happened to Professor Cornelius.

"We have to find him," Caspian says. 

"We don't have time. We need to get the gate open," Peter argues. 

"You wouldn't be here without him and neither would I. You wouldn't even see Anna alive," Caspian tells Peter and they both look at me.

He knows that Caspian is right. If it weren't for Professor Cornelius, I wouldn't have been alive today and standing by the king's and queen's sides. Susan looks at Peter. "You and I can deal with Miraz."

"And I can still get to the gate in time," Caspian adds. 

"I'll go with him," I reassure Peter. He looks like he wants to argue, but there was really no time for arguing and we just had to deal with the adjusted plan, whether he likes it or not. He nods and Caspian and I leave.

I follow Caspian down halls and take many turns and on the way, we were killing the guards left and right. As we were about to make a turn into the prison, there was a guard that was by the stairs.

I signal Caspian to wait and to let me handle him. While the guard was not looking, I swiftly walk behind another wall without making any sound. As I get closer to the guard, I went up behind him, cover his mouth, and stab him with my sword. He falls dead. "Caspian," I whisper for him and he comes out from behind the wall.

I grab the keys from the dead guard's armor and open the cell door. We went down the stairs, kill another guard and see Professor Cornelius sleeping on his right side in his cell. But I notice something. Next to the professor's cell were two other cells. The first cell had a woman and the other cell had a young man.

"Mother.......Adrian?" I breathe out and Caspian sees me look at them. "Don't worry, we'll get them out."

Caspian opens the professor's cell and shakes him to wake up. Professor shifts a little to look up and was shocked to see Caspian. "Five more minutes," Caspian says, whatever that was supposed to mean.