Chapter 27 - Lord Rhoop

ANNA

We sail closer to the Dark Island and that eerie feeling came back again. This is the place where your nightmares can come true.

"So what do you think is in there?" Tavros breaks the silence. "Our nightmares," Edmund responds.

"Our darkest wishes," Caspian answers.

"Pure...evil," Drinian finishes it off. "Tavros, unlock the armory," I order him. "Your Majesty."

"Archers, prepare yourselves!" Drinian orders the archers. "Light the lanterns," Tavros commands.

"Let's get ready," Caspian tells us.

I go back to my room and change into my armor and help Lucy and Emma get in their armor, while Gael was watching us. "When I grow up, I want to be just like the three of you," She said to us.

That was very sweet of her to say that as no girl has ever said that to me, and I think Lucy and Emma were shocked by it as well. Lucy walks over to her and sits next to Gael, "When you grow up, you should be just like you." Lucy puts her arm around Gael and kisses her on the forehead.

It was nice to Lucy warm up to Gael as an older sister. It looks like there was a strong bond building up between them. "I'm going to see if the others are ready," I put my emotions aside and walk out the room and into the meeting room. I see Caspian giving Peter's sword to Edmund and he takes it from him.

They both turn when I enter in the room. "Anna." Edmund looks down at Peter's sword in his hand and he holds it out to me. "You can have it, if you wish."

"No, Ed. Peter would want you to have it." I push his hand back. "Anna, Caspian, I want to apologize. I've seen how you both are close to each other and I thought that---"

"I forgot about Peter and decided to be with Caspian, right?" He nods while not looking at me in the eye. "Ed, Caspian is like my elder brother. Him and Adrian have taken very good care of me and my ki---"

Caspian coughs and I realize what I was about to say. "My what?" Edmund asks. Think fast, Anna.

"My kingdom. Actually our kingdom. I will always love Peter and I will never let any man take his place. In fact, other kingdoms found out that Peter will not be coming back and all of those unmarried kings thought that they can win my heart and have me forget Peter, and that will never happen, for sure."

Edmund smiles and hugs me. I hug him back and kiss him on the side of his face as a loving sister. "We must go," Caspian says.

"Right," I agree. I grab my weapons and Caspian helps me strap them on me while Edmund leaves to go check on his sisters. "Why didn't you tell him the truth?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"That those unmarried kings are still giving you their proposals for marriage and you always test them in the arena."

"Because I know that he will tell Peter. That's how Peter is. Peter knows that his brother and sisters will be coming to Narnia and he would want to know how am I and if I am okay. I do not want Peter to worry and---"

The door opens and Adrian appears. "We're getting close."

"Then let's go." I was walking behind Caspian, but Adrian stops me. "Are you alright?"

"Of course, why do you ask?" I ask him. "Just looking out for you."

"Adrian, you know that I can take care of myself. Don't worry about me. We will conquer over evil, bring the lost Narnians back and go back to our kingdom."