Chapter 28 - Fight Against Sea Serpent

ANNA

"Really, Edmund? Of all things, a sea serpent?" Emma exclaims.

"I'm sorry!" Edmund apologizes

I want to punch Edmund for even thinking about a sea serpent, but how can I blame him? Ever since he's heard about the sea serpent, he's been afraid since then and now, the mist got to him and this thing appeared.

Lucy grabs Gael and pulls her into the crew and stands behind me. I withdraw one sword from behind my back as the crew readies their bows and crossbows. The archers wait for their order to release from either Caspian, Edmund, Adrian or me.

The sea serpent comes forward. "Ready? N--" Before I could give the order, Eustace and Reepicheep come in and Eustace hits the sea serpent in the face with fire and grabs onto it. The sea serpent slams Eustace against the side of the Dawn Treader and it tries hard to get Eustace off of itself. I see Reepicheep scream and look up and next thing, he was in the air, and grabs onto one of the ropes.

"Eustace, hang on!" Reepicheep shouts.

Eustace tries his best to fight against the sea serpent, but it was too strong. He lands against the rocks, tired, worn out and in pain. Before the sea serpent attacks him, Eustace blows fire at the sea serpent and it screeches and dives under the water.

"Eustace!" Emma screams.

Out of nowhere, Lord Rhoop pushes us out of the way, flings his sword at Eustace and it pierces him right above his wing. Eustace screeches in pain.

"No!" Caspian yells.

"Eustace!" Lucy screams. Eustace flies off. "No! Come back!" I shout out to him but he flies away.

The sword was our only hope and we need to treat Eustace. Now what?

"Caspian, you need to stop Lord Rhoop otherwise he'll get all of us killed," I tell him and he nods in agreement. We both look for him and see that he is climbing up the stairs to the wheel. "We're all doomed! Doomed! Turn this ship about!" He repeats.

"Someone, stop him!" Adrian lets out.

Lord Rhoop pushes the crew member who was handling the wheel and turns the wheel sharply. Everyone grabs onto the sides and we all almost lost our footing. Drinian knocks out Lord Rhoop and grabs onto the wheel and he informs the crew to get into their rowing positions.

I look to the sky, hoping for a signal from Father to help us. Out of nowhere, I see a seagull cry and it flies down in light. It was the only light in the Dark Island. Thank you, Father.

Caspian is now at the wheel and trying to get us out, but the sea serpent comes back, but it was closer. Then it emerges out of the water and wraps itself around the boat twice, making difficult for the crew to get out.

Lucy and Gael goes inside their rooms and I am trapped between the sea serpent on the ship. I am able to get myself away until I hear Caspian calling for me.

"Anna! Anna! We ram the serpent. Smash him on the rocks!" Caspian tells me.

"You steer her to port! I'll keep it on the plow!" I shout and make my way to the other side end of the ship. Edmund gives me his torch and I climb up the steps leading to the mouth of the dragon.

Its good that I lived in the other world and know well enough how to use a torch.

I turn it on and shine it on the sea serpent's face, getting its attention. It was working since it was moving toward the front of the boat. "Come at me! Get over here!" I shout.

I can tell it was ready to strike and move closer inside the mouth and serpent comes straight for the head of the dragon.

I could hear screams from down below.