Chapter 18 - The Battle

Anna

Before I could call Lord Sopespian out, he shouts, "Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our king!" Lord Sopespian grabs Miraz's sword from the grass and they mount upon their horses and leaves.

Peter turns around and faces the archers at the top and exclaims, "Be ready!"

"Peter!" Caspian exclaim and we turn around. A Telmarine soldier raises his sword in the air, but Peter defeats him and sever his head from his body.

"Go!" Peter tells Caspian and Adrian, and they both went off to get on their horses. Edmund, Peter, and I face the enormous Telmarine army and we could hear their distant cheer, eagerly waiting to fight.

"He killed Miraz," I say. "What?" I look at Peter.

"None of us killed Miraz. Lord Sopespian killed Miraz. Miraz took the duel seriously, but Sopespian didn't. To him, it didn't matter if you died or Miraz, war was unavoidable," I tell both his plan.

"What a plan," Edmund spat.

The cavalry of the Telmarine army were charging towards us and Peter turns back and, Caspian, Adrian, and Glenstorm trot back inside the How. The cavalry were coming closer and closer to us.

"Peter, will we win this?" I ask him.

"Don't worry, Anna. We will win this," He reassures me. 

"1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....7.....8.....9.....get ready!" He counts up and I can see the cracks being made in the earth.

A big pit was made in the middle of the field and the horses were unable to stand and fell in the pit along with the soldiers. Some of the horses were able to get out of the pit, but the soldiers were struggling. "Now!" I hear Susan shout and all the archers, including Mother, Susan and Emma shoot their arrows diagonal in the air and the arrows fell upon the soldiers in the pit.

Edmund grabs a crossbow and jumps upon a horse. "Charge!" Peter screams.

All the Narnians charge towards the soldiers from the pit. I whip out my other sword and use both to kill every single Telmarine soldier that came in front of me.

Later in the battle, griffons flew over, holding dwarves while they were shooting arrows from the top. The dwarves shoot arrows towards the Telmarine army and were able to avoid the catapults but the Telmarines brought out something that was odd. Whatever they shot, it took down the griffons one by one. It was a horrible sight.

Peter comes up to me. "What's going on?" He asks me.

"I don't know," I reply.

Peter turns around and looks up at Susan and Emma. "Lucy." I turn around and they both shake their heads. Lucy has still not found Father.

"Back to the How!" Peter shouts and our army run back to the How. I wanted to stay back and fight to get my kingdom back. I did not listen to Peter and ran straight ahead to fight with the Telmarine army. 

As I was fighting, I see Peter, Edmund, Susan, Emma, Caspian and the rest of the army charging towards us and ready to fight again.

They went ahead and kill every soldier in their sight. As Trufflehunter was fighting a Telmarine soldier, the soldier defeated Trufflehunter, but Caspian came in time and killed the soldier with his dagger.

While we were fighting, I see Edmund fighting the soldiers and Reepicheep went ahead. Caspian was struggling with fighting against two soldiers. The two soldiers punch Caspian and he fell in the large pit.

"Caspian!" I scream and went over and he gets up, grabs my hand and I pull him up. Behind me, I see trees coming to life and fighting against the soldiers.